Zaxcom product launch

Bob

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll reportedly get an improvement in range with the new modulation scheme free of charge.

That's really good news, but I'm talking about trading in X piece of equipment plus $200 and getting a brand new thing in it's place. Zaxcom making $200 from me is better than making 0$.

Mark O.

They'll reportedly get an improvement in range with the new modulation scheme free of charge.

The best upgrade path there is.

I'm guessing the new wideband products are hardware changes. Can anyone that was there confirm that?

I've been happy with my range so far, but i will always welcome more. We all know productions will ask for it.

Mark O. said: "That's really good news, but I'm talking about trading in X piece of equipment plus $200 and getting a brand new thing in it's place. Zaxcom making $200 from me is better than making 0$."

There was no mention of any trade-in program. Of course it would be better for you if you could trade in something older and get something new, but for you to say for Zaxcom it would be better to get $200. from you rather than $0 is pretty silly. If you don't want to buy something new (the $0 part) then don't --- but don't try and tell these companies what's best for them. Zaxcom, Sound Devices, Lectro, whoever, will decide for themselves how they want to market stuff. I think it is fantastic that there is ANY upgrade path that provides more features or better performance to legacy (older) gear.

The QRX200 is a wide-band receiver with a tuneable tracking filter, you can use this on any frequency between 518 - 698 MHz (Blocks 20 - 26).  This also has our new extended range.  

Doh! That's an amazing capability! All the other pro wireless companies are gonna have to step it up with their top-of-the-line receivers.

Major props to Glenn, Howie, and the other Zaxcom people for these innovations!

Here's to wishing for an upgrade path for owners of legacy gear. My TRX-900LA and QRX100 aren't even 2 years old.

Mark O.

^^this^^  <pity party> My LANC is 6 months old and it's unusable with current DPA lavs </pity party>

How about a faceplate trade in program for QRX100 owners that just got a free software upgrade to QRX235 (is it just me or is the naming scheme getting a little out of hand)?

Or, you know what, I could just take a sharpie to it!

Also wondering if this spells the end of the Micplexer going forward. 

Trade in program is unrealistic. Just the face that we can upgrade existing hardware with the new modulation free of charge is amazing.

Now how much improvement the new modulation will have on existing units is what interests me.

And it is important to get more information about the difference between new units and old units with the new modulation.