Zaxcom product launch

Bob

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the cam link affected or improved by the new developments?

How will the scan work on the wider band receivers?

When are these new items available?

Stereo transmission will be the old modulation - though if you have a QRX200 or QRX235 - you will see an improvement in range.

Currently the same as the old way - but  there are some updates coming to the software.

They are available NOW.

Jack,

How much will the upgraded modulation improve existing zaxcom hardware range?Will old Zaxcom wireless be able to tune with about 7dB SNR the same way new hardware does??

You will notice a good deal more range - its hard to quantify the exact percentage you will see but your range will be equal to or better than any analog FM transmission.

Since you can choose your modulation in the menu what you can do is load the new software in and do an A/B test between the new and old modulation.

So, is the only difference between the QRX100 and the QRX235 the software/mod scheme? Or are there hardware differences?

I am wondering the same thing.  It sounds like a software update only, and the specs look the same at first glance.

Jack, you said the software is available now?  Where?  I don't see it in the downloads section of the forum, and the new site isn't complete yet.

So, is the only difference between the QRX100 and the QRX235 the software/mod scheme? Or are there hardware differences?

Hardware.

You will be able to load the new modulation software on the QRX100. This will give you a bump in you range. But running the new modulation in the 235 will give you even a bigger bump. 

So.... A QRX200 receiver could tune a body pack on block 20 and 26 at the same time? Wow. A few QRX200 receivers in the bag would be ready to go anywhere.

I don't think so.  Glen in the video said the filter is 35 Mhz and tuneable across 200 Mhz.  That to me sounds like both channels would have to be within 35 Mhz of each other, but maybe there is a seperately tuneable filter for each receiver in the QRX??  Not sure.

Jack, you said the software is available now?  Where?  I don't see it in the downloads section of the forum, and the new site isn't complete yet.

The actual wireless are available - dealers are taking orders. The current lead time is the same as all zaxcom wireless which is currently 2 to 3 weeks.The new software to update your legacy wirless should be up in about a week. It would have been up tonight but Howy's wife gave birth to their first baby a few days ago and he's been slacking off writing code. The nerve of some people.

The actual wireless are available - dealers are taking orders. The current lead time is the same as all zaxcom wireless which is currently 2 to 3 weeks.The new software to update your legacy wirless should be up in about a week. It would have been up tonight but Howy's wife gave birth to their first baby a few days ago and he's been slacking off writing code. The nerve of some people.

Congrats Howy!!

I really hope  that Zaxcom will allow a trade-in.

The TRX900LANC transmitter was introduced half-a-year ago and it seems to me it is a very short period to make them 'discontinued'.

It seems to me not fair for the ones here (me included) that invested a lot of money on that.

v.

edit: I'm also guessing that, with these extended blocks on QRXs, my brand new MicPlexer became useless.

i would really really like to see that it is possible to upgrade the receivers.

whilst the wide tuning range is very cool, improved rf performance is far more appealing.

and also i am thinking of the fact that between myself and a friend, we own 9 QRX and 20 TRX of various spec, so the cost of an upgrade versus selling what we currently have and replacing with new ones is quite significant, as well as hoping to avoid the prospect of trying to sell old spec kit just as new spec stuff is announced, which if its not possible to upgrade, has devalued the resale value quite a bit.

but i shall be speaking to my dealer about this and asking him to make the case to zaxcom presently.