Zuca Pro Travel Bag a new storage option

ProSound

I do love the zuca bag...

My first encounter w/ it was as a boom op.  The mixer had found the perfect sized plastic drawer set to fit inside (instead of using the zipper pouches).  It basically became my run bag for extra ifbs, mic swapping, switching the boom to wireless… it felt very efficient.  And he had also rigged the sides to each hold a boom.  It made me a big fan :-)

I do love the zuca bag...

My first encounter w/ it was as a boom op.  The mixer had found the perfect sized plastic drawer set to fit inside (instead of using the zipper pouches).  It basically became my run bag for extra ifbs, mic swapping, switching the boom to wireless… it felt very efficient.  And he had also rigged the sides to each hold a boom.  It made me a big fan :-)

Gillian, would you happen to know/remember what the brand of the drawers were? I like this idea.

Went Google to gander the Petrol PA1003 on your mention, Justan. Great for transport, and as well thought out as might be expected, but not so delightfully handy for the transition to mixing as the Zuca vertical style might one day become.

Maybe Petrol, already familiar with our community and what we need, would be more open to working with us using Zuca as a base from which to fly their next bag.

I've had two versions of this bag, and I love it. I don't place my mixer bag on it (I use a rock and roller for that), but one of these petrols carries: (2) plug on TXs; (4) bodypacks with lavs, and belts for waists, thighs and ankles; (2) slates; (2) lockits; (20) ipower 9V; (48) AAs; lav stuff (stickies, etc); a mini AKS case; a dynamic slate mic; additional invision mount; mini speaker; (2) IFB RXs; small tool pouch; and 75' of XLR.  And, it flies well!