SD633

I would be interested in finding out from the people who are actually using the 633 how they are assigning the inputs in regards to a L & R mix and the ISO tracks and whether they are using the AES inputs. I would also be interested in finding out where, any one from post would gererally like to see the arrangement of the tracks.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s

I've been routing the mono mix to an AUX track and recording that and not recording L and R at all.

Exactly what I've been doing as well.  Most of the editors I work with want a Mono mix on Track 1 and then the ISO's from there on out.

I haven't tried the AES inputs yet so I can't add anything there...

I've been mostly feeding cameras so for me it's boom on ch1, mixed to mix L, lavs on 2-6 mixed to mix R.

On the CF I record isos only (or TC mp3s), SD gets LR and isos.

I monitor in L+R usually so if they want a mono track they can pan up the two channels or pick just the lavs or boom and ignore the isos. They'll get my mono mix.

I use X-1 and X-2 if I need to send an ISO track to a B or C camera (needed that more often than I would have thought)

X-3 feeds a Sennheiser G3 TX for wireless scratch track (L+R mono mix) X-4 feeds comtek (routing changes, sometimes mono mix, sometimes a particular channel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk