TRX 900AA Batteries

Brian

Hey Everyone,

I was experimenting today with a fellow sound mixer here using a trx900aa with a UMP 2 power supply on 48v setting. Everything has sounded great so far. i seem not to have the issue of the "hissing"  Now I put in Imedion 2400mah rechargeables with not problem.  Did a battery test and the unit stayed powered for 5.5 hours.  Now I wanted to try it again with my newer Sanyo (eneloop)2400 hah batteries.  The unit would not power up for the life of me.Tried older white eneloop and was fine again.  Switched back to the Imedions again and fine.  Soon as I use the Sanyo's wich work in all other gear such as slates and lectrosonics SMQV, Nothing.  Someone had a similar experience?  

All feedback would be appreciated.

B

The battery terminal cutouts in the trx900aa are a little too tight. They work with most off-the-shelf disposable batteries but not all rechargeable brands it seems.

I've read here that some have diy-d a fix by building up a little solder blob on the offending terminals.

Barring size issues, I find anecdotally that my TRX900's require quite a bit of juice to power up. No science was used to reach this conclusion, only that I use used batteries to fire 'em up for testing and sometimes, even if the voltage reads 1.2 or 1.3 on the meter such voltage is on occasion insufficient to power units up. 

Just block Mike's posts and move on.

It should not be required to block Mike's condescending posts, just so that he can insult your intelligence to everyone who doesn't. Plus, then you'd miss the "gems" and "wealth of knowledge", and all the other things the old-school jwsound-ers seem to think still exist.

E.

Thanks Jan, Hiro for the info.  Jan that was my thinking.  The Sanyo's for some reason don't have that cranking power to start it up.  I'll send a message to zaxcom and get something official.  I used it as a wireless boom and it was fantastic.  Few weird thing happened with it later on in the day.  Some weird ticking happened but went away, then  other small noises.  I want to sort it out because I would love this to become my primary wireless boom.  If I don't have to buy the 742 then it would be money I could spend elswhere.

anyone using this rig for wireless boom with success?  Trx900aa with UMP 2 supply.  Powering CMIT 5U

• 3 months later...

Sorry to jump on this topic but i thought i might ask as its has newish comments, but i have a the UMP II connected to my Audio Limited 2040 and i am getting a lot of noise that i am not happy with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduQmsdLV_4&feature=youtu.be Here is a link with some of the sounds i am getting. This was recorded with a 744t and sanken cs3e. Is this odd sound normal with this device cause when listening to it in through my mixer its sounds unusable. Any thoughts would be awesome thanks in advance for any help!