Aaton Cantar X3 Launch

Bash

New Aaton battery for the CantarX3 and future products. It is an intelligent battery with datas readable by Aaton's products. The electronic ID customization allows advanced functionalities which will be not available with compatible batteries.

- 14.4V

- 49Wh / 3.4Ah

- €155 (excl. VAT)

BatteryX3.jpg?itok=9-9zm59j

This dual battery charger allows charging simultaneously 2 Li Ion batteries (type ND2054AA PN 0429030). It is a real dual charger. Machined aluminium body. Delivered with universal power supply with XLR-4 connector and an european AC power cord. The power supply is also usable directly with the CantarX3. Delivered without battery.

IMG_8191.JPG?itok=_FIIIKwp

IMG_8190.JPG?itok=fs9bWICw

- Price: €1.100 (excl. VAT)

(no comment for the price)

Low friction slider plate for X2? Details?

There is an iOS app in the pipeline. I have spent some time on the Aaton stand at Micro Salon Italia over the weekend and loving he feel of the X3. Those linear faders are exceptionally smooth. I installed a new low friction slider plate on one of my X2s which works well but those X3 faders are in another league.

This dual battery charger allows charging simultaneously 2 Li Ion batteries (type ND2054AA PN 0429030). It is a real dual charger. Machined aluminium body. Delivered with universal power supply with XLR-4 connector and an european AC power cord. The power supply is also usable directly with the CantarX3. Delivered without battery.

IMG_8191.JPG?itok=_FIIIKwp

IMG_8190.JPG?itok=fs9bWICw

- Price: €1.100 (excl. VAT)

(no comment for the price)

is this the charger that is included in the "first 100" package? 

That charger is too beautiful to be just a battery charger. That's a class act right there. I'm not sure how many people will be able to come up with the money that will cost just to charge batteries. If the aesthetic and build quality is that important and you can afford it, go for it.

is this the charger that is included in the "first 100" package? 

A charger should be included with any new Cantar X3. I guess it will be this one.

X3's batteries show a few Whs extra compared to similar sized Audioroot batts,  lets see if they can be exchanged with Audioroot's batts and chargers

Aaton and Audioroot use the same battery source: Inspired Energy. The later IE 

Low friction slider plate for X2? Details?

Call Aaton or your local dealer. You can replace it yourself but with care as there is a ball bearing and spring to keep hold of. Really nice machining and anodising of the new slider plate and it has a low friction backing. I found a little light oil applied to the rear surface helped smoothness. Aaton are really perfecting the magnetic sliders. The X3 sliders are much smoother. The new Cantarem 2 fader panel sliders have low friction bars and are more Sonosax-like. The pic shows the new plate fitted on Cantar #600 with the old one behind for reference. 

post-631-0-44757900-1428216671_thumb.jpg

I am hoping that stuart wilson's version of the x1/2 bag made by kt systems is suitable. I find the front pouch of cantar bags in the style shown, get stretched and start to sag. when leaning over, you are in danger of having pouch contents spill out.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.1900,-- to add more faders to an allready most expensive machine...Wow.What are they thinking in Grenoble?Aaton digital is the company that is supposed to save the day(for the rest of the company:camera dept),but with these prices I guess the 'lucky few' are willing to pay these prices,and the rest will leave it where it is..in Grenoble.Pity.A bit 'The Sonosax story'... 

I think that's pretty cheap actually. Both Mix-8 and CL9 are more expensive and the Cantarem 2 is waaaay sexier than these two.

Yes, Cantar and SX-R4 + use the same batteries. This was discussed with JPB when he was still with Aaton.

Exactly.  For the sake of standardization, when Jacques told me he had selected

the Inspired Energy ND2054 for his future RX4+, I immediatly decided to abandon the

Aaton proprietary batteries and chargers for these SMB monitored devices.

(see below explanations to Paul Trautman)

traut, on 31 Aug 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Hello JP!   Thank you for Cantar.  Please don't change the battery arrangement on X3.

Merci!  Paul Trautman   Cantar #217 &  496

Paul,  all new audio recorders are now equipped with SSDs, no longer with shock sensitive HDDs,

there is no more raison d'etre for elastically suspended batteries working as protective bumpers,

they can be nested at the bottom of the machine like in all other audio recorders.

Metal protected Aaton camera batteries may be abandonned in favor of the cheaper, lighter, IATA certified,

SMBus equipped batteries made by 'Inspired Energy', me think, the NP1 terminator..

--

jean-pierre beauviala

jp@aatium.com