Record a stadium song during a match

olphi

Hello,

for a commercial,

I have to record a supporter song during a football match. I have a M/S couple with CCM 41 or MKH 8060 + CCM8. I have an A/B couple with schoeps CMC641. And ,maybe, I would like to use an A/B couple with DPA 4060. I m not sure I will be very close from the supporters so my first idea is to use the MKH 8060 with the schoeps CCM8. Do you think that the A/B couple with DPA 4060 will be useful? Is it better to use the schoeps CMC 641 in A/B couple or is it better to use the M/S couple in the center and put the hypercardios some feet away on the right and on the left of the couple?

Not possible to make some experiments.

Best regards.

If there's no "rehearsal", I'd rather put up a few more mics.

Think in layers: close - distant - really distant.

Depending on how many people there are, a stereo pair might not be enough for the close layer. Maybe 4 or 6 DPAs or Cos-11s, maybe 6 to 10 ft away to start with...

I'd leave the 8060 out of the equation. Too directional.

I did this once. It gets LOUD.Just a heads up. I had zooms then (for a ringtone recording for a client with no clue of anything) and they sounded great. I guess whatever you put up will sound as good. 

Will the song be led by someone? In my case it was. And the crowd sang HORRIBLY off tempo with the lead singer. Fortunately, I had her on a separate channel and she was totally outsung by the crowd. On the crowd's channel you couldn't hear anything. 

If I had no time for experiments, I'd pretty much put up everything.. Even the 8060, but the farthest away I guess.