TimeCode Record Run

Hello Philip,

The autostart button on the right of the transport buttons will start and stop Boom Recorder, depending on the availability of the timecode.

However currently this only works when the complete timecode signal turns on and off, not when the timecode is stuck against a single time. I can fix this, but not right now.

Cheers,

Take

Hello Philip,

The autostart button on the right of the transport buttons will start and stop Boom Recorder, depending on the availability of the timecode.

However currently this only works when the complete timecode signal turns on and off, not when the timecode is stuck against a single time. I can fix this, but not right now.

Cheers,    Take

That would be a good feature and it is good to know that you could implement it the way you describe (but I know, not now). It would then work in those situations where you may be working with cameras in rec run and BoomRecorder would autostart (go into record) based on having seen running code from the camera.

-  JW

That would be a good feature and it is good to know that you could implement it the way you describe (but I know, not now). It would then work in those situations where you may be working with cameras in rec run and BoomRecorder would autostart (go into record) based on having seen running code from the camera.

Hello Jeff,

Did you know there is also an other timecode trick in Boom Recorder? Where Boom Recorder will automatically start a new file on a timecode break. This is useful when you want to copy a TC-DAT hands off. You can turn on this feature in the preferences panel. I guess both features will at be joined together when I fix the autostart.

Cheers,

Take

Cool as well, but if you could make the program start and stop recording in new files/takes when TC starts and stops it would REALLY be a great thing.  Video TC never "goes away" in stop mode in most set ups, it just stops counting and sends out the same number over and over.  (I've had a time trying to explain this to Tascam as well.)

Philip Perkins

• 5 months later...