Did anyone else just get this email from IATSE?

roundbadge

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No more steak dinners on our dime for Jim and Liz"  is all I heard...  NOT MY QUOTE..  I understand they are in trusteeship, all board suspended...  I ONLY HEARD THIS... I do not know for sure... REPEAT... THIS IS ONLY HEARSAY... but it is all I know... hearsay....  True...?   who knows...

But... That is exactly what the letter reads.... so there you have it..

After reading the letter... All I can say is, wow... either asleep at the wheel, or willful misconduct.... or both... at least that seems to be the findings of the investigation...

That letter is purposely ambiguous and leaves 695 members completely in the dark as to what actually happened and why exactly our leadership is getting sacked.

I would think that IATSE owes us more of an explanation than that half assed letter.

The Senator is correct. It's Deja-Vu all over again. However, seeing the pathetic lack of interest by ninety percent of the members in their union these days, I wonder how many will even notice.

I think A LOT of union members are taking notice.

I've already had 4 texts and 3 emails about it from other members.

It seems...

It's an argument on whether the meeting in jan. was official... JO says no.... the trusteeship meeting has not yet taken place.... so, until that is ironed out... the security guard is present, and it's a waiting game.... but this seems like a formality...  in the end, it seems everyones going...

As a non-member (but solid supporter of unions) it seems pretty weird.

Two questions (based on the original letter)"

1) Why are there 13 vice presidents?
2) Why does the URL listed at the top of the page (www.iatse.net) go to a "site under construction" page? It shows that someone isn't paying attention.

Good luck to all.

Its and old story, going back to the early 1970's, when the International wanted to do something that 695 membership would never go for, then the IA would put 695 into tresteeship,suspend all the ecected officers and install their puppets as the new leadership. When all where installed they would impose the will of the international leadership. as an example all dubbing mixers became members of the editors union. All video camera operators (Who were orginized by 695 and members of 695) became members of the camera local. The list goes on and on. Don't be surprised if the production sounds guys are moved into the grip local !

Its and old story, going back to the early 1970's, when the International wanted to do something that 695 membership would never go for, then the IA would put 695 into tresteeship,suspend all the ecected officers and install their puppets as the new leadership. When all where installed they would impose the will of the international leadership. as an example all dubbing mixers became members of the editors union. All video camera operators (Who were orginized by 695 and members of 695) became members of the camera local. The list goes on and on. Don't be surprised if the production sounds guys are moved into the grip local !

That's whats going on I bet.It must be because of the ongoing fight between sound and camera because of digital recording and changing techniques and jurisdictions.------People who are today in 695 may find themselves in 600 tomorrow.

J.D.