K-Tek now shipping KSRA1 Stingray Audio bag for MAXX and 633

dfisk

+1 Peter.

I had the exact same thought having memory of seeing these backpacks a few years ago.

It,s not because there's mesh there that it's gonna be cooler; you gotta push the bag from the body to create a flow.

We can see that ''mesh argument'' with lots of bags-straps-etc on the market too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the mesh at the back of the bag ie the mesh that sits against the body, be really taut? I was imagining it would be really taut like a back pack with mesh back to allow air flow through it. Mine is hardly taut and basically follows the concave part of the bag when its worn and not leaving the air gap for flow. It doesn't keep the bag off the tummy.

Yeah I was wondering about this too. I imagined that it would be taught. There's really no air gap happening.

It's "kinda" taut. It's hard to get that material really really taut and sew it, from what I'm told (I couldn't sew a thing to save my life). 

I should be getting the prototype for the harness this week. If it gets my approval we'll get units for testing. We'll definitely have some version of the harness at NAB. 

I have been using the Stingray bag with a SD 633 since it became available.  Overall I like the bag.  I am a fan of the Portabrace Piggin straps for holding various cables, etc.  The cloth loops do not make it easy or secure to attach the Piggin straps, so a trip to HD and I found some small Maillion loops, problem solved.

Another point for me is the bag is not perfectly flat, so because the mixer and wireless sit higher in the bag the whole thing becomes a bit top heavy and is prone to rolling over.  Not a deal breaker.

Lastly as some folks have pointed out the mesh is not tight.  Also I find where my stomach contacts the bag causes it to bend in over the mixer slightly making access to the smaller pots not as easy.

A nice bag for the intended mixers.  As I use it more I am sure other thoughts about it will become apparent.

Thanks K-Tek

David Rogers

post-351-0-26731300-1395250469_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-20140300-1395250486_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-96623400-1395250497_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-90184900-1395250514_thumb.jpg

post-351-0-40876800-1395250530_thumb.jpg

If your bag is rolling over that is definitely a problem. It should NOT be doing that at all. The whole point of the bag is that it shouldn't do that. Can you possibly email me a video to dave@ktekbooms.com showing me this? 

OH..we are making cable hangers. Instead of velcro use are using the same material that is on the grey loops on the bag and they use a buckle to secure and they have a carabiner to clip onto the bag. These aren't out yet, but will be soon and sold in pairs. I don't have pricing yet. We'll be showing them at NAB along with other new stuff

post-321-0-70122700-1395291202_thumb.jpg

FYI, for anyone interested, I'll be trying the Nite Ize S-Biner for attaching harness and/or shoulder strap. I'll let you know how that goes. I'll try leaving the S-Biner attached to the bag and then clip on the harness as required. Should be quicker that way.

Word of caution. I used the S-biner carabiners for attaching my bag straight to a Porta-barce heavy duty harness. Due to the square(ish) edges of the S-Biners the material straps/loops similar to whats on the Stingray gradually frayed and snapped. My S-biners may have been more abrasive than others or just the way I set up my configuration. A little rubber tubbing or an additional ring should prevent this.

I now use the S-Biners on a petrol harness and after a couple of years or so, there is evidence of wear on the plastic D-rings but nothing to a level of real concern.

Thanks for putting me onto them, much prefer them over other carabiners. 

Someone wanted to see what the bag looked like loaded up with a bunch of 411 receivers. One of our end users posted this picture on our Facebook page so I though I'd share it here. 

If you want to check out more photos (we are getting more every day) head on over to our facebook page to check them out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-Tek/177212805652882post-321-0-83292200-1395681758_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is an excellent bag. Well done Dave on some great 'out of the box (bag?)' ideas.

Thanks, Tim. It was definitely a team effort, and not only on the part of people at K-Tek but on end users as well. LOTS of customer feedback went into this thing before design, during development, and now that it is shipping.