K-Tek now shipping KSRA1 Stingray Audio bag for MAXX and 633

dfisk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

robertw: " Would this bag work well with a SD 702T? "

will it fit, and work, is one question,  and will it work well is a definite "it depends", as what is working well for me might not be working well for you...

of course being in NY, you could visit one of the usual suspects and see for yourself...

robertw: " Would this bag work well with a SD 702T? "

will it fit, and work, is one question,  and will it work well is a definite "it depends", as what is working well for me might not be working well for you...

of course being in NY, you could visit one of the usual suspects and see for yourself...

Thanks, but I'm interested in anything dfisk has to say about this bag vis a vis a SD 702T. Given the HxWxD of the 633 and Maxx, it looks like there is enough latitude to fit something like a 702 snuggly, but I'd like confirmation of that.

I'm looking at a Kortwich at Gotham on Monday. If Gotham has a Stingray, great, but as far as I know it is not readily available (if at all) in New York. The usual suspect (B&H) says on its web site that delivery is 7-14 business days. So if you don't mind, perhaps I could just ask my question.

robertw: " The usual suspect (B&H) "

many of us do not consider B+H one of the usual suspects...

but I'm sure they will be glad to sell you one...

" I'm interested in anything dfisk has to say about this bag vis a vis a SD 702T. "

OK, and just a WAG: he has no specific answer -he has not tried an SD702-T-- but maybe ..?

(update: Dave reporting he has placed a SD-744T in the bag, and -as predicted by robertw- it fits.)

it will still be up to you to decide the well part of works well...

Edited by studiomprd

dfisk,

I'm looking at the LxWxD of the SD 663 and Zaxcom Maxx. Would this bag work well with a SD 702T?

It will work with the 702T. How well it works is up to interpretation. I've put a 744t in the bag with no problems, and if I remember correctly the 744t and 702t are the same size? If that's the case, it'll work just fine. 

I never would have thought to move the divider 'legs' up under the recorder like that.. Not really necessary but an option if you wanted to stash another NP down there or something. I have my battery bud down there.

We actually didn't think of that, either. Miles emailed me before he made the video and asked if we intended for that. I said it didn't even cross our minds, but if it works, then great! It's cool to see other people think of what else to do with the bag that we didn't think of. 

In terms of who has them...I can tell you Gotham, Pro Sound, and B&H all ordered them for stock. I think B&H already sold what they had in stock and re-ordered, and those units are on backorder right now. I'm not sure the status of stock at Gotham or Pro Sound, but a quick call to them and you'll have your answer. We are completely out at the factory but should have more stock towards the end of the month. 

robertw: " The usual suspect (B&H) "

many of us do not consider B+H one of the usual suspects...

but I'm sure they will be glad to sell you one...

" I'm interested in anything dfisk has to say about this bag vis a vis a SD 702T. "

OK, and just a WAG: he has no specific answer -he has not tried an SD702-T-- but maybe ..?

it will still be up to you to decide the well part of works well...

Well it turns out that he has tried a 744, which amounts to the same thing.

I am going to Gotham precisely because I do not normally buy from B&H, but many, many people do. Nobody in NY would consider it odd to call it the "usual suspect" in the context of "is this item available", and in many cases B&H has in stock items which others have to order.

What gives you the presumption - indeed nerve - to suggest that I don't know that it is my decision on what works or doesn't work for me?

I asked dfisk a question and I've received a very helpful answer. Now please just sod off.

dfisk:

"In terms of who has them...I can tell you Gotham, Pro Sound, and B&H all ordered them for stock. I think B&H already sold what they had in stock and re-ordered, and those units are on backorder right now. I'm not sure the status of stock at Gotham or Pro Sound, but a quick call to them and you'll have your answer. We are completely out at the factory but should have more stock towards the end of the month."

Thanks. Very helpful.

Great bag, mine just arrived,  

Loved everything except 2 things. 

The H frame leg foldup feature is great,  but at least for the zaxcom maxx,  the maxx isn't quite wide enough to sit comfortably on,  just one corner on each side of the maxx actually sits on the folded up leg...  anyways,  like somoene else said,  not really even neccessary as its completely supported very very well.

The Clear dust / water cover thing is kind of finicky to install as the pull out handles make it hard to slot the velcro to one another,  you'll know what I mean when you try this.   

Other then that awesome,     Kind of wish I didn't grab another Versa FLex harness as the K TEK harness if it's anything like this bag,  will be excellent.

Picked up my Stingray today and am very impressed. Build quality looks excellent as does functionality.

I have a question for all you guys that are using them and also for you Dave Fisk.

Should the mesh at the back of the bag ie the mesh that sits against the body, be really taut? I was imagining it would be really taut like a back pack with mesh back to allow air flow through it. Mine is hardly taut and basically follows the concave part of the bag when its worn and not leaving the air gap for flow. It doesn't keep the bag off the tummy.

FYI, for anyone interested, I'll be trying the Nite Ize S-Biner for attaching harness and/or shoulder strap. I'll let you know how that goes. I'll try leaving the S-Biner attached to the bag and then clip on the harness as required. Should be quicker that way.

Thanks Dave and K-Tek for yet another great product.

Thanks

(Stingray pic from internet, this is not my one)

post-1467-0-36256200-1395141195_thumb.jp

(Random pic from internet to show what I mean about the back pack)

post-1467-0-54984600-1395140773_thumb.jp