664 v 2.02 now available!

Philip Perkins

Yep up and running here ok but have not explored yet.

I was advised that this version would allow the use of a blue-tooth keyboard but to attach the

blue tooth receiver dongle is not straightforward

Dongles are USB A the 664 has a USB B connector

Any adapter would stick out from the right-hand side of the machine and also

inhibit the easy opening of the card door.

Any thoughts anybody??

mike

Hi Mike,

I just downloaded the new firmware (1.02) and on the details list, it indicates that the Rii RT-MWK01 mini keyboard is now supported. This is NOT the bluetooth version but the 2.4 ghz version.

The bluetooth version which is RT-MWK02 does not work and will lock up the 633 - I just tried it.... again... with the new firmware.

As for the adapter, there are some cheap molded adapters available online.  I'm currently using a .5 meter USB adapter cable. 

As for the card door issue, in my bag there's enough room that the door can stay open all the time.  If that's not acceptable, then you'll have to unplug the USB whenever you need to access the cards.  Which doesn't seem like too much of a problem.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Thanks Brent

Yep 2.4G

Bit confused, the keyboard I have has a mini USB so guess it will interface with a cable

mike

Mike,

I believe that is to charge the keyboard only. I could be wrong however. I've never tried it like that before.

Also, this is the USB adapter cable that I use. It is available in a 6", 1 ft, 2 ft, and 3 ft version. In most cases the 1 footer is just right. I simply find a place to "tie wrap" it on to my bag.near the 633/664 USB port.

http://www.adorama.com/C2G28066.html

Tom

+1 for the jumper cable, i use a 1 footer and just pull it ea time when accessing media. It seems to be easy to repatch without eyes on he side of the bag. However it never occured to me to just leave the gate open - thx brent good tip!

And THANK YOU SD that scene name change shortcut is kickass!

Ken P

My favorite fix is that outputs X1,X2 can now be programmed to mirror the L, R outs.  Kind of strange that wasn't part of the original programming, but glad it didn't take long to appear!

Brent

I wish your comment was for the 664!

Thanks Tom and Phil,

I did daringly suggest that a female USB A socket placed by the recessed word-clock connectors

would allow the 2.7G receiver dongle to be a permanent item - it's only 4 wires back to the USB B

and would remove the need for an added cable!

mike