Blocking a User?

Arnold F.

Arnold: " When does it stop? "

I don't believe I have PM'ed you since...

and

Is there a way to block someone from posting in your thread? "

I don't believe so...

once you start a thread, it is up for discussion, as you yourself said, when you attacked Eric's thread...

it is not your personal thread, it is a discussion you began...

although you don't seem to be able to accept the same as you dish out...

even though you don't seem to visit here for much else, please remember, this is not a commerce site...

Arnold!

I don't think you can block anyone from posting on your thread. You can however block the member so that you don't see any posts at all from said person. If you click on your name at the top of the page and go to my settings a list appears on the left and one of these (Ignore preferences) will allow you to enter the name you want to ignore I just hope it's not me.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s. CAS.

This is a tough room Arnold so deal with it. While Senator can be annoying, he comes with the territory and he does help to separate the men from the boys.

Eric

Ha, Eric is right. The Senator is like our crazy old uncle. Crazy like a fox. Also he has super powers and can bust through any blocking software.

CrewC

Ha, Eric is right. The Senator is like our crazy old uncle. Crazy like a fox. Also he has super powers and can bust through any blocking software.

CrewC

I think the Senator kind of grows on you.

Also, we're all adults here and yet it's still easy to get sucked into unproductive arguments. I try (and sometimes fail miserably) to think of posting not as convincing other people of my particular view, but simply to express my view and answer any arguments against it. Sounds similar I know, but the difference is that you have to realize when all of your points have been made, and then excuse yourself. The worst thing is to have two people who repeat the same arguments without either actually listening to the other.

Mike, in my opinion, is a gift.  He exhibits all the seemingly irrational and psycho behavior of our producers/clients.  He is here to train us and to make us better negotiators in our increasingly psycho working environment.  Mike is a low risk exercise in achieving our needs.  Embrace his contradictory, irascible, but wise opinions and we shall understand ourselves better so that we may succeed.    

You can block yourself from reading him, (I guess that's how it works), but there is a good chance you'll miss something besides "it depends"....

CrewC

While that might have been true in days of past, his positive contributions have been replaced almost exclusively by annoying and self-serving posts which contribute nothing.

I like Mike as person in real life, but I have grown tired of his posts here very tired.

Robert

I confess,  I did it...

I killed Arnold's thread.

I've tried to deal with this, and I've gotten some good advice from Congress people, like Jesse Jackson Jr, Patrick Kennedy, Anthony Weiner, and Trey Radel...

While I'm not resigning, I will be entering Internet Rehab.

Wait really, though. Is the senator all that bad? We can all be rather obnoxious at times. Worse, we can be obstinate, vindictive, egotistical, and even childish. And maybe I haven't been here long enough, but I've never felt any hostility or malice coming from the senator. And I bet he feels it all the time coming from us.

I get it. He's annoying, and maybe he doesn't think about how what he says might offend another person. But maybe it's just a reminder for us to keep each other's good intentions in mind and listen to each other properly, and also to be more considerate about what we say, particularly if our humor is, let's say, uncommon.

I don't mean to chastise, or to suggest that there's a problem here. Just that its good to keep in mind for a great community such as ours.

Also, thank you, JW, for putting it together.

-James

At least we all know who he is, you on the other hand choose to hide your identity while you whine and complain about trivial, insignificant issues of no value. No identity equals no credibility. Given the choice I'll take Senator every time. 

Eric

Ditto Eric. I'm a well known critic of those who hide their real identity. No name, no cache. As for this being a tough room, I hope for A F's sake he never enters a truly tough room.

CrewC

You're over-reacting, seriously.  This is a forum, not real life.  Don't take this seriously and move on with important things! :)  Winter's almost gone!

Ditto Eric. I'm a well known critic of those who hide their real identity. No name, no cache. As for this being a tough room, I hope for A F's sake he never enters a truly tough room.

CrewC