First experience with Zaxcom qrx200 wide band RX

RadoStefanov

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have talked to Rado and we should have this solved by tomorrow. It was a bigger bug than we thought. The current problem has nothing to do with RF and only with combining the signals from 2 seperate transmitters for output.

Glenn

The new software I got from Howy an hour ago seams to be fixing the dual mode bug. Thanks Howy

Thanks Rado, Howy gave me the update as well. Let me know if you experience any fatal bugs...I'm about to install tomorrow morning.

Josefrias,

If it wasn't for the piece of mind of pre RF transmitter recording I could never afford to bug test at work. (:

Hey Rado, I'm fairly certain you aren't using a a Fusion or Deva on a regular basis, do you have a workflow you like to use with the SD cards? Not to sound whiny, but at the end of a long day pulling all the cards then running them through Zaxconvert and then transferring them all to one folder seems like an awful hassle, especially if you have 6-8 of them out. That has got to add a half an hour to an hour of wrap time.

A small price to pay for what it does imho... Don't know how rerecord would make it faster

If there was some way to just have the recorder wirelessly pull the files from the transmitters, perhaps placing them in their own folder on the mirror CF card, it would certainly make that process simpler, if not faster.  The re-recording/mixing is less desirable to me, as there's just not ever gonna be time in my days on the kind of jobs I do.

The recording transmitters are certainly a welcome extra layer of backup, but they're just that: a backup.  The recording transmitters shouldn't be considered a stand-in for proper RF performance (IMO), and I feel that if you are needing to pull these files to give to post any more often then just the occasional emergency, there's a flaw in some part of the workflow.  

e.

If zaxnet and the transmitters had some sort of ad hoc file sharing system it'd be magic!

It would certainly make an all-Zaxcom bag a more desirable system.

And while we're thinking about dream scenarios, what if the recorders could somehow just automatically replace the sections of audio on the master recordings where the dropouts occurred, rather then re-recording or adding duplicate files to the cards, Since the digital dropouts are effectively "signal present" or "no signal" it should be possible, at least in theory.

E.

I thought of that too. Wouldn't be too hard to make a code that could ingest the missing pieces.

The dropouts are silence right? So that would mean everytime there's a dropout there's silence on the track. If the tracks have the same name as the transmitters so that the metadata and timecode match, in theory it would then be able to "fill the blanks" automatically.

But then again, in theory the world would be at peace and everyone would dance and love each other...