RadoStefanov

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rado: " limiters are engaging "

what about NeverClip..?

NeverClip is on inputs only.

So the psc RF multi sma is problematic with the qrx200s.

my scans with PSC RF MULTI SMA are terrible compared to whips. I get sudden drop outs and when there is no TX on I see spike in RF every 2-5 seconds. Switching to whips eliminates the problem.

NeverClip is on inputs only.

So the psc RF multi sma is problematic with the qrx200s.

my scans with PSC RF MULTI SMA are terrible compared to whips. I get sudden drop outs and when there is no TX on I see spike in RF every 2-5 seconds. Switching to whips eliminates the problem.

Are you using MicPlexer then since the RF Multi is problematic or changed to whips?

• 2 weeks later...

Using whips with comparable frequencies I'm getting quarter of a mile clean audio with my lectro SRB and I started getting drops at about 50 feet with my QRX200 both TRX2.5LA several tests. Confused about it but wondering if it is the wiring of my mics I'm using which are TL40's wired for lectrosonics with short cable turn arounds to lemos for zaxcom. The QRX's are in dual mode with less than 25mhz separation and the TRX were in 125mws. The lectro transmitter was a UM400A. If you find that forum stating about zaxcom lav wiring etc let me know. Thanks.

I'm getting around 30m before dropouts, that's with TX on small of talents back and them facing me i.e TX non line of sight. I was expecting a bit more range TBH. I have RX mounted to Nomad case with Velcro which has a significant noise floor on RF scans, I will try move RX and see if I can get a range improvement.

how are your lector ta5 and extensions wired? I get 50 feet without antennas attached on the qrx200.

Just tried a mic wired like figure 9 in the mic wiring spec at lectrosonics.com the 2 Volt Positive Bias 2 wire electret...which then goes into the Pro Sound TA5 to Lemo turn around, which is hard to figure out that configuration...but that is wired to handle both the new bias and the old style. The mic did work but as before performance seemed limited. 50ft through a window/wall. Transmitter in pocket...no phone.

Using whips with comparable frequencies.

what are comparable frequencies? A comparison test is only really valid if done on the same frequency, one right after the other. Also, try the same thing without a mic attached, that'll eliminate the question of proper wiring. By now I'm sure you are familiar with the rf meters on both receivers and you should be able to tell if range has increased.

I had a higher than desirable noise floor on both of my QRX200s. Two 200s next to each other were the main cause (one on block 20 and the other on block 26). I put an RX900 between them in the bag and that has helped with better scans.

Glenn said he would do some testing to explore this further. No word yet on what he has found out, but NAB just happened so that's understandable.

As a happy user of both Lectrosonics (fifteen, not counting my older VHF units) and Zaxcom wireless (eight) systems, I feel that Zaxcom excels in the nifty features department and Lectrosonics handles multipath a bit better.

On this reality gig I'm using an all Zaxcom bag -- Nomad 12, two QRX200, one RX900 (with another RX900 for a sixth channel, if needed), and ERX camera links. Note: Experienced camera people quickly become ardent fans of the ERX.

Yesterday at a school I was fine inside, but had dropouts even at close range outside. I was using all five wireless inside, but only one QRX200 was turned on during the exterior shot. Even a resscan didn't solve it. This morning I pulled the relevant files from the transmitter to hand in to production.

There are times when I scratch my head that the range isn't better with the new QRX systems and other times that I marvel that a wireless system can do everything that these can.

No wireless system is perfect, or ever will be in the world of RF.

Just tried a mic wired like figure 9 in the mic wiring spec at lectrosonics.com the 2 Volt Positive Bias 2 wire electret...which then goes into the Pro Sound TA5 to Lemo turn around, which is hard to figure out that configuration...but that is wired to handle both the new bias and the old style. The mic did work but as before performance seemed limited. 50ft through a window/wall. Transmitter in pocket...no phone.

Tim and John,

What block are you using? Under 600 ot over 600?

Tim: " I'm getting quarter of a mile clean audio with my lectro SRB and I started getting drops at about 50 feet with my QRX200 both TRX2.5LA several tests. "

seems to me you are comparing apples and oranges... or maybe just looking for a "lively discussion"...

Constantin hinted at the right point: " A comparison test is only really valid if done... "..properly...