Great service on custom cut foam from mycasebuilder.com

gpiegari

Whilst not trying to knock this companies work, with a bit more thought they could have designed the front a bit better so that you didn't have to jam the end cap off the Rycote into somewhere is wasn't meant to go. It looks as though they went for symmetry rather than practicality.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s. CAS.

Jack is correct.  You design your own layout on the web sight.

My design was clearly centered around securing my K-Tek 152cc

or PSC Elite large (shown here) and then making use of remaining space.

Particularly, gear that is with me OR at "base camp".

The zeppelins came to mind and the NP-1 charger.

Malcolm - you design your own case. You go on line and use there software to design the insert as you like. So I am guessing that Glen built out his case that way.

Jan McLaughlin has actually been to their facility and can't stop raving about them. So perhaps she can chime in.

There was a thread a few months ago which Jan was a major contributor about this company and at the time I chipped in to say that here in the UK we are somewhat spoiled as every case maker has laser cutting facilities to exactly tailor cut the shape of any piece of equipment and most keep a database of equiment shapes to manufacture the interior of a case whether it is rigidised aluminium or a stock Peli. This particular photo is one that was made for my DV batteries.

post-233-0-64042500-1394816945_thumb.jpg

13155450245_9a3bcce4cc_d.jpg

12212954126_2773160e3f_d.jpg

13155809704_7fe326c5b7_d.jpg

12212359585_722ff70583_d.jpg

Yup, you roll your own over there. Very happy with the almost-perfect results, imperfections my own inexperience with the material/procedure/measurement/manufacturers' specs.

Have since gotten digital calipers that would have helped/expedited, but there it is.