Idx 100wh np1 battery.

dominiquegreffard

No. You can't do that. But you COULD help influence a small niche manufacturer to produce a specific product by demonstrating demand for said product.

Is there anything in the above that you don't understand? I'm happy to put it in simpler terms if you require?

The batts for Sony EX3 cams are pretty small (1.65 x 2.76 x 5.16 in), lightweight (1.3 lbs), and come in a 14.8V, 95Wh/6600mAh version. It's probably very possible for IDX to get those kind of specs into an NP1 form factor.

I'm currently using the Hawkwoods DVSQN4 and NPF970 solution but I don't love it. Probably gonna switch over to the other Sony style batts and see if I can rig the DVSQN4 to work with it. But I'd switch over to NP1 world if there was a 95Wh batt!

You're right, manufacturers refuse to come here and look at the discussions on this forum when looking at the needs of their customers. Thanks for the insight.

E.

tim: " But you COULD help influence a small niche manufacturer to produce a specific product "

I do, frequently... by direct contact, and dealing directly with the manufacturers, and through their authorized dealers...

If you really need extra juice why not check out a V-Lock solution ?

NP-1 perfectly fits in a bag, either under the recorder or next to RX units. Heck, it would even fit onto the back of a 788T like we did with our SQNs, and on the 788T it would actually make use of that space below the CL-8.

Can't do that with a V-mount.

If you really need extra juice why not check out a V-Lock solution ?

I run two 75Wh np1s on parallel and this gives me plenty for 788, receivers, zaxcom camera link and IFBs. Also allows me to hot swap without anything losing power.

What are you using to combine the batteries into your BDS?  Did you make it yourself?  I have considered making one custom for my large bag, and haven't found an off the shelf solution so far.

Goldbricker: " You're right, manufacturers refuse to come here and look at the discussions on this forum when looking at the needs of their customers. "

aw, come on...grow up...

I never said that!

not literally. But you did imply that having a discussion here, bouncing ideas back and forth, trying to explore different angles and solutions as well as gauging an interest for it from your peers was less usefull than a single call from a single person to a manufacturer.

YOU grow up, Senator, and realize that we now live in the 21st century and that the mob rules. For better or for worse.

Goldbricker: " You're right, manufacturers refuse to come here and look at the discussions on this forum when looking at the needs of their customers. "

aw, come on...grow up...

I never said that!

Then please expand on your comments above? Perhaps we're all missing your point?

What are you using to combine the batteries into your BDS? Did you make it yourself? I have considered making one custom for my large bag, and haven't found an off the shelf solution so far.

I got mine made by an audio tech that looks after my gear. Looks like -

zaherave.jpg

It has two hirose inputs an output to hirose that plugs into my BDS.