Sound Devices 633 LCD Screen Stuck pixel/Dead pixel?

TimLi

hello,

So I just received my sound devices 633 and it is amazing! But when I was playing around with it I noticed that there are two tiny tiny pixels which are bright in colour when background is black. I did some research and found out that they were stuck pixels and atm I dont know if I should send it back to the shop which will probably take a week before they can send another one back to me if they approve that its a stuck pixel etc. Should I just keep it or get a new one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a photo of it. The other pixel is so small the camera cant even pick it up lol.

http://i.imgur.com/5v0twrs.jpg

Cheers!

I remember when I bought my first LCD monitors for my first Mac over ten years ago now, I fired up the first one and was super disappointed that there were 6 dead pixels. I returned them to the store for new ones, and they too had dead pixels, though not as many. I was told then that it was "normal" and acceptable to have up to 15 dead pixels... Crazy now that I think about it

yes, mine has a stuck pixel too. top right hand corner. is only visible when i am in the menu windows.

i have decided to befriend it and not to fret, as long as it doesnt multiply over time.

still, had to send mine in for repair anyway because a trim knob kept getting stuck inside when pushed in.

Sound Devices quality control issues? i doubt it...  and hope not, long-term.

• 9 years later...
On 3/20/2014 at 5:52 AM, TimLi said:

hello,

So I just received my sound devices 633 and it is amazing! But when I was playing around with it I noticed that there are two tiny tiny pixels which are bright in colour when background is black. I did some research and found out that they were stuck pixels and atm I dont know if I should send it back to the shop which will probably take a week before they can send another one back to me if they approve that its a stuck pixel etc. Should I just keep it or get a new one? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a photo of it. The other pixel is so small the camera cant even pick it up lol.

http://i.imgur.com/5v0twrs.jpg

Cheers!

Thank you,
          for your good information, and lots of love.

1194345-original-characters-portrait-display-fictional-character.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 3/21/2014 at 4:11 PM, JDirckze said:

I remember when I bought my first LCD monitors for my first Mac over ten years ago now, I fired up the first one and was super disappointed that there were 6 dead pixels. I returned them to the store for new ones, and they too had dead pixels, though not as many. I was told then that it was "normal" and acceptable to have up to 15 dead pixels... Crazy now that I think about it

It's incredible how far technology has come in the last ten years. On our LCD monitors back then, we had to put up with dead pixels, and 15 was "normal." Pixel-perfect screens are what we want nowadays. Indeed, progress!