WGN Morning News - Studio Microphones Dead

I know a few people who work there.

They do employ A1s for the morning show (2, I believe, they trade off during the 4 hour show), but the computer that controls the audio console crashed leaving them with only the reporter's mic open.

The full duration of the outage was somewhere around 15 minutes.

It already is.  I recently was setting up an interview on a longform doc before a pro baseball game in Oakland, and there was a lone guy setting up cameras and mics all around the stadium, talking to someone on a headset.  I asked if he was talking to a control room somewhere and he said he was. I asked it if was in the stadium or in a truck outside and he said the control room was in New Jersey--they ran all the games they were shooting from there--he and the on air talent were the only people "on the ground" at that site.

philp

It already is.  I recently was setting up an interview on a longform doc before a pro baseball game in Oakland, and there was a lone guy setting up cameras and mics all around the stadium, talking to someone on a headset.  I asked if he was talking to a control room somewhere and he said he was. I asked it if was in the stadium or in a truck outside and he said the control room was in New Jersey--they ran all the games they were shooting from there--he and the on air talent were the only people "on the ground" at that site.

philp

This sounds a lot like the MLB Network "Ballpark Cams".  They aren't producing game coverage, but pre and post game "live shots".

They use everything from Cueball cams to fully automated pedestals--all remotely controlled.  If they only want video, they don't even need a tech at the stadium.