Lectrosonics L-series

NoOne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to purchase a pair of LR freq B1.  My go to usual suspects out / backordered, anyone receive some they want to flip over to me or know of some in stock somewhere?

Hi Tom,

We have shipped about 15% of the units on order with dealers only getting a few of their pre-orders. We should be caught up with those pre-orders by mid April, i.e., NAB. When additional new orders will be filled, depends on how the dealer allocated their pre-orders and what new order demand is like. We have a steady planned ramp up in production over the next three months but are being conservative with a new product. 

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

I don't know. I'd guess Lectro is at least partly aiming their L-seris at people who would be considering a low-cost Sennheiser system. Sure, there's a price difference...but as some of the DSLR hordes step up to Sony FS7, Canon C100/C300, and other more-expensive cameras, the hope is that they'll also want to upgrade their wireless.

So I think it's a good comparison, and it will take some work for Lectro to convince many of those people that the extra money is worth it.

The only thing the Sennheiser G3 series has going for it is the price and value-per-$. So anyone considering something more than 3x ad expensive, was most likely never in the market for a G3 kit. There are other wireless systems that lend themselves well to DSLR work.

Of course every manufacturer always wants to take a slice out of the other manufacturer's share, but this bei g a direct "attack" on Sennheiser's G3 stuff serms unlikely. 2000 series - maybe.

Well, Larry would be able (but probably reluctant) to let us in

The only thing the Sennheiser G3 series has going for it is the price and value-per-$. So anyone considering something more than 3x ad expensive, was most likely never in the market for a G3 kit. There are other wireless systems that lend themselves well to DSLR work.

Of course every manufacturer always wants to take a slice out of the other manufacturer's share, but this bei g a direct "attack" on Sennheiser's G3 stuff serms unlikely. 2000 series - maybe.

Well, Larry would be able (but probably reluctant) to let us in

Hi Constantin,

Exactly. The LR is a baby UCR411a for small cameras. We'll let the small camera users decide if a high end wireless makes sense for them. As we get more of them out there, I think the LR will sell itself to users that would like to move up from lower cost wireless. Not to knock the G3; I feel the G3 is a heck of a value.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

For me, I needed something that was multi-use because work varies so much, half the year I'm working boom or utility and the other work I do is all over the board, and owning a full spectrum of wireless doesn't make business sense. For someone that doesn't already own a system, this is an easy buy.

So its makes a ton of sense for Lectro because they are creating a kit that is future proofed, not just in block, but in application. It can be hop, I can bring it with and use it for talkback as a boom, the wideband makes it easy to work with other mixer's gear. So if I have the need for more wireless, with a SR-Like system in the future or a venue, this kit can move over into other applications.

Got my A1 kit on friday and used it on a job Saturday.

A few, extremely minor things that could improve the next firmware update way down the road:

Perhaps an additional option in the LED menu that darkens the LEDs but leaves the LCD backlight on for a few seconds. Right now its all dim or all on. Very minor and the quick down arrow key is great so its not a big deal.

The hold time to power on and off on the LT is a long 3 seconds, somehow longer than the S-series. I personally would prefer it to be shorter, but perhaps there's a reason for this.

A NIMH option in the BatType menu?

Could there be a AA Timer and Battery meter on the LR? Not just one or the other?

I mostly agree with you on this (and agree with Larry on the G3's value). That's why I said I'm not talking about new DSLR entrants. I'm thinking of the people (like the many I know) who started with DSLRs (or DVX100s or whatever) and are now using and/or considering buying more-expensive cameras (C300, FS7, etc). Some of those people are starting to feel they may have "outgrown" lower-priced wireless systems...at least, some of the ones I know are asking me about better alternatives.

Will be interesting to see how big a market there are for wireless at the L-series price and quality. Hopefully fairly big. 

• 3 months later...

I was just told today by my local agent that Lectrosonics have taken the LT series off the market temporarily while they look into getting longer life out of the batteries.

Is this true? Has anyone heard when they will bring them back? I have a job in September that I need some more transmitters for, and was hoping to try out the LT transmitters over the SMQV's.

Yes, it's true. There is a thread about it here, somewhere. It's just a few days old. New battery and new case

If I'm not mistaken, the thread you mention pertains to the SSM.  The new battery will power it for six hours and one minute.  The case retooling is due to a minor terminal configuration difference on the new 6+1 battery.

If I'm not mistaken, the thread you mention pertains to the SSM.  The new battery will power it for six hours and one minute.  The case retooling is due to a minor terminal configuration difference on the new 6+1 battery.

Oh sorry, yes of course you're right! My apologies

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the LT - we have held back shipping because we heard a few comments about disappointing battery life.  Digging deeply into the unit we found a certain wayward component was drawing a fair amount of excessive current.  So, we have made a correction.  The ECO has been issued and units are going back on the shelf and out the door now.  If you have an LT and been disappointed in battery life (not all units exhibit the problem), we will, of course, take care of you on this. Right now we are working on the logistics involved (boards components etc) so when we can begin updating, it goes as fast and smoothly as possible.  If I can beg for a little time to get all of that worked out, we will post more specific information/instructions.   As Larry would say - we've got you covered!

Gordon

Gordon Moore

President- Lectrosonics

I'm looking to get a cos-11 for my LT transmitter and I was wondering if anyone knew if the SM wiring would work fine with the LT.  I have some SM series transmitters and I'd obviously like to be able to use the mic on any of my packs.  

We changed the 5 pin wiring many years ago to the servo wiring. We will be buying picnic ice from the Pit before we do that again.

In short, all 5 pin wiring is exactly identical on all Lectro transmitters down to the values of the digital potentiometers inside the units. The SSM is the the exception but it is a three pin Lemo so it is hard to confuse it with the 5 pins.

Best, Larry F, Lectro Janitor Emeritus

Just a quick update on the LT - we have held back shipping because we heard a few comments about disappointing battery life.  Digging deeply into the unit we found a certain wayward component was drawing a fair amount of excessive current.  So, we have made a correction.  The ECO has been issued and units are going back on the shelf and out the door now.  If you have an LT and been disappointed in battery life (not all units exhibit the problem), we will, of course, take care of you on this. Right now we are working on the logistics involved (boards components etc) so when we can begin updating, it goes as fast and smoothly as possible.  If I can beg for a little time to get all of that worked out, we will post more specific information/instructions.   As Larry would say - we've got you covered!

Gordon

Gordon Moore

President- Lectrosonics

Thanks for this update Gordon!  Not sure if my LTs have this issue but as usual Lectro comes through with outstanding attention to detail and the concerns of the end user.  Thank you!

Bernie

Gordon

Gordon Moore

President- Lectrosonics

My issue has been the LR B block.

Got the A block recently and it blew the B blocks LR battery life away.  

B block- Select powerex2700mwh work

Imedion 2400mwh do not

Duracell quantum shows much shorter battery life compared to new A block

A block works good and long with any sort of battery.

• 3 months later...

I just got 3 sets of LR/LMb. I've been using the green Varta 2600 mAh rechargeables but while they fit fine in the LMb, they seem to be too big for the LR, I can't close the battery door reliably. I already ordered battery eliminators for them, but just in case can someone recommend rechargeable AA's that properly fit inside the LR's?

Gordon, what's the latest on the correction for battery life?  As you know I had some of the earlier units and I'd like to know if any of them have the wayward component and how to tell if there's an issue.  I'm getting ok battery life but if it could be better I'd sure like to step it up.  

Thanks!

Bernie

I just got 3 sets of LR/LMb. I've been using the green Varta 2600 mAh rechargeables but while they fit fine in the LMb, they seem to be too big for the LR, I can't close the battery door reliably. I already ordered battery eliminators for them, but just in case can someone recommend rechargeable AA's that properly fit inside the LR's?

they've released a new battery door to fix some issues with rechargeables, even with its a tight fit that requires a little finagling. Check with lectro to see what version you have.

they've released a new battery door to fix some issues with rechargeables, even with its a tight fit that requires a little finagling. Check with lectro to see what version you have.

Cheers. I already sent a mail with the serial numbers and a general question if they know of any improvements devices with those serial n/o's should have.

Bernie, if your units were delivered prior to June, and I know they were, and they have not been in for service since the beginning of June, then we should do some work on them. That goes for anyone else's units here as well.

We discovered that the pre-June units had a wrong component value that increased current draw in the LT but did not affect performance in any other way. The fix is free - just contact our service dept. at 800-821-1121 and they'll take care of you.

Bernie, if your units were delivered prior to June, and I know they were, and they have not been in for service since the beginning of June, then we should do some work on them. That goes for anyone else's units here as well.

We discovered that the pre-June units had a wrong component value that increased current draw in the LT but did not affect performance in any other way. The fix is free - just contact our service dept. at 800-821-1121 and they'll take care of you.

Thanks Karl,

Now I just to get some time to get them in.  

• 6 years later...

I didn't see a battery eliminator for the LMb listed on the Lectrosonics site either.

I realize for you the time zone difference is significant but you might try calling Lectrosonics to see if the battery eliminator for the LT or LR could be made to work.  It appears like they would be electrically compatible but it also appears the screw holes don't match up.  Besides the curved vs square battery door shape.