PSC solice mini

Max Dumesnil

zack: " how often do you get the opportunity for having two booms? "

quite frequently.

but this could have even been a line-in's only product, as the mic-pre's are on the pre-mixer of your choice.

well, at least we know PVS won't be redesigning this one...

I hope one day I could say I do mike

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I'm actually enjoying myself. Most of what people are saying were points that Ron and I spoke about. The second preamp 48v is something that as been talk. It's always hard to really draw a line. The idea was that if one would need a second boom, they would either go wireless or could route it directly into the recorder.

Adding 48PH to the second channel would not be very hard.  I am giving this some consideration.  Right now, the 48PH switch actually shuts off the 48V DC to DC convertor, rather than just switching on or off the 48V to that input.  I would have to leave the convertor running and switch the inputs independently.  It is one of the easier changes to make.

Adding 48PH to the second channel would not be very hard.  I am giving this some consideration.  Right now, the 48PH switch actually shuts off the 48V DC to DC convertor, rather than just switching on or off the 48V to that input.  I would have to leave the convertor running and switch the inputs independently.  It is one of the easier changes to make.

Any chance of an overhead photo of the top panel so we can see what the pot labels are please?

Lovely design, RM and PVS

Kinda what we do with Cantar when boom is T7, and mono mix is T8 on some shows.

transferrable to Mix T1 and the others following.

Always knowing that Boom 2 is on an Iso too.

Looks like a nice universal ergo/logical mixer/interface.

Is it water protected/waterproof?

Regards,

Jim Rillie

PSM

Congrats to ron and pascal. I really like the form factor and the low price. I'm not really sure how is a quick transition from a bag rig 664 to a cart rig is gonna be made with those connectors? Have a db25 connector between the wireless and the 664 in the bag and have the mixer connected in between when in cart mode?

I think you can go either way. If you have some snake cables built and ready, you can maximize the time you go between set-ups. You can go via direct outs from the 664 into the Solice Mini and mix out back to the 664, or, you can set-up an XLR panel, sort of like what Eric posted above, and reconnect all the inputs to that, and then direct out and mix out from the Solice Mini into the XLR inputs (and ta3 inputs) on the 664.

Hi Ron,

I'm only mentioning this because I saw the word "prototype" on the picture . . . so here goes . . .  for those people out there looking for a DC powered small portable cart based linear fader mixer to feed their 12 iso tracks on their Sound Devices 664 recorders . . . um, well . . . if you have any spare time . . . now don't get mad here . . . but . . . could you add 5 more faders please?

You can?  Thanx !

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

+1 for one more 48vPH input!  I have a live thing to mix next week and am dragging out my SQN 5!  Why, because it is analog, and the idea of a digital board on something where 3 million people are watching is just more than my tired soul can handle.  Just one little digi hiccup and I am SOL...the Baby Solice would be perfect.  If I get more of these gigs, then will order once they are available.  

Hi Ron,

I'm only mentioning this because I saw the word "prototype" on the picture . . . so here goes . . . for those people out there looking for a DC powered small portable cart based linear fader mixer to feed their 12 iso tracks on their Sound Devices 664 recorders . . . um, well . . . if you have any spare time . . . now don't get mad here . . . but . . . could you add 5 more faders please?

You can? Thanx !

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

Jesus! What jobs are you doing!? You only have 10 fingers!

An old adage I try to remember from time to time: "if you can't mix it on four faders, there is a problem with the scene"

Hi Ron,

I'm only mentioning this because I saw the word "prototype" on the picture . . . so here goes . . .  for those people out there looking for a DC powered small portable cart based linear fader mixer to feed their 12 iso tracks on their Sound Devices 664 recorders . . . um, well . . . if you have any spare time . . . now don't get mad here . . . but . . . could you add 5 more faders please?

You can?  Thanx !

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

You have left the "Mini"   world and should keep a look out for  "BIG"  or 01V96 DC ...  OR... Same size but with 12 "Mini" faders...LOL

Thank you everyone who has taken time to voice their feedback.   There most likely will be a few small changes coming with the production model.  I have also gotten a great deal of feedback from the "Freelance Mixers" group on Facebook and directly through email and phone calls today.  I will be at the NAB show with the mixer if anyone would like to stop by and check it out in person.  

Ron Meyer

Professional Sound Corp

Jesus! What jobs are you doing!? You only have 10 fingers!

An old adage I try to remember from time to time: "if you can't mix it on four faders, there is a problem with the scene"

Hi Wyatt,

Fortunately in narrative/doc situations, I've yet to have the need for 12 iso's (this of course is excluding Avi Finklestein's NIGHTMARE Bar Mitvah shoot which went into the wee hours out in Ronkonkoma where even the director in the Satellite truck agreed it was overkill . . . However, I have had the need for 12 iso's for musical projects and it would be nice/ideal to have one solution to cover both situations to maximize what the SD 664 can do.

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC