PSC solice mini

Max Dumesnil

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to be clear about a few things.  Pascal called me with the idea for this product about November 15th.   Over the next few weeks we spoke many times via phone and emailed back and forth many. many times.  I am sure he gave up at least 100 hours (or more) of his time.  He never asked for anything in return.   He was just looking for a tool (the mixer) to fill a void in the market place.  I really want to publicly thank him for all of the time and energy he spent answering my endless questions.  He really went out of his way to think through all of the various scenarios in which this product could be used and with all of the various brand recorders.   I told him he would get the first production unit and he replied that it was not necessary.  I will be sending him one never the less.  When the first prototype mixer was complete, he gave up his weekend to put it to the test for me.  Pascal has been completely selfless throughout this entire experience.

Ron Meyer

Professional Sound Corp

Pascal has been completely selfless throughout this entire experience.

Congrat's Pascal, those are nice accolades.  

Wait . . . . you guys did the whole thing from cocktail napkin to a built prototype in just over 4 months?  Then I definitely want you to add those 5 faders !

Cheers,

Sean O'Neil

Brooklyn NYC

sorry...

are they cheaper in QTY ??

PVS: " Or get two? "

some of the folks who are redesigning this mini version of the product are actually designing a different product, a full size mixer, which already exists.  if you are looking for double the capacity , you are looking for a different product, and certainly not for two of the mini-products, either.

"With enough redesign, this mixer could manage not to fit anyone's needs"  My new favorite quote

Seriously, I am listening to all the feedback and you will see that several of the suggestions will make it into the production version.  Not a complete re-design, but enough changes to make nearly everyone happy.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Ron Meyer

PSC

Ron, 

I think this is a great idea that recognises that not all of us need so many mic preamps on our mixers these days. 

but i have a question, on the mic preamp channel(s) will (could) you also be able to select line level? for those of us that use wireless boom with receivers that are line level out.

thanks.

I'm wondering if it would be better for the D-series connector for the Direct Outs to be a Male rather than Female connector. In the case where you are using this mixer inline between your radios and existing bag mixer inputs, this would allow the loom you make that comes from the Receivers in your bag (with a male D-connector on it) to mate directly with the loom going to your bag mixer or 788 recorder inputs (with a female D-connector on it) when you want to work in 'Bag Mode'. Assuming these looms were kept as short as possible, they could tuck away in the bag.

You are correct that it should be a male connector.   Pascal and I debated this over and over as you can buy off the shelf ADAT fan out cables, but they all use males on the cables....all female chassis jacks.   The production version will use a male and a female so the two cables can be looped together.  (you can cable up your wireless to one cable, cable up your recorder to another and either connect them together or insert the mixer between them)

This was Pascal's original idea and the basis for much of the design.

Ron Meyer

I can see myself get one of this for pairing up with my Maxx, 7 faders plus one mix track on Maxx is perfect. For SRb5P and QRX these receivers has two pairs of output, one pair feeds ISO on Maxx and one pair feeds the mixer, great. Still in a compact size but with vertical faders that makes the mixing easier.

congrats Mr. Meyer 

Just a quick update, because so many people have asked for an additional pre-amp, I spent the day re-designing the PCB to add another input.  The production model will have 8 inputs total, 2 mic pre-amps w/ 48PH and 6 Line inputs.  I am working on a few other changes, but they are not yet set in stone so I will not mention them until I am sure they can be accomplished.  Thank you everyone for the feedback and suggestions!