PSC solice mini

Max Dumesnil

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update, because so many people have asked for an additional pre-amp, I spent the day re-designing the PCB to add another input. The production model will have 8 inputs total, 2 mic pre-amps w/ 48PH and 6 Line inputs. I am working on a few other changes, but they are not yet set in stone so I will not mention them until I am sure they can be accomplished. Thank you everyone for the feedback and suggestions!

Bravo and thank you. Will P48 be independently selectable on either channel? And can these two channels be switched to live level?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BAB414     In their current gain configuration, the Mic Pre-amps when the gain control knob is turned all the way down, will except a -17dB signal to give you a nominal "0"db output.  So, you can set the outputs of your Lectrosonics receivers to -20 and still use the Pre-amp inputs.

Yes, the 48PH has separate switches on each mic pre-amp.

Ron

BAB414 In their current gain configuration, the Mic Pre-amps when the gain control knob is turned all the way down, will except a -17dB signal to give you a nominal "0"db output. So, you can set the outputs of your Lectrosonics receivers to -20 and still use the Pre-amp inputs.

Yes, the 48PH has separate switches on each mic pre-amp.

Ron

Sounds good to me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have to say, this is one of the most impressive product intro/re-designs I've seen. Ron's willingness to hear ideas from end users and then implimenting them is great!!

I would also say that I'm super impressed with what this 'mini" mixer is becoming. The more I read the more I want one!

Here is the latest news as of today.   I am adding an 8th input (2 full microphone pre-amps, and 6 line inputs).  We have added an internal slate microphone  and changed the external slate microphone connector to a 3.5mm mini jack.  The jack is a switching jack so if you plug in an external slate microphone, it will override the internal slate microphone.   I am working with the switch manufacture to improve the look of the lighted round push button switches.   All of the toggle switches are going to be NKK brand in the production model.   I am currently working on adding another additional function, but I will hold off announcing that until I know for sure that it can be accomplished.   The mixer is only growing in width by 1.35".  Overall weight will be approx. 4 lbs    MLP will be $2995.00   I have already updated all of the mechanical (housing) drawings and I am nearly finished with the PCB updates.  Shipping dates to be announced soon.  Thank you one and all for the feedback on this product and thanks again to Pascal for all of his help with this design.

Ron Meyer

PSC

This is very cool! I've been wanting a small mixer for remote locations, back-up, second unit etc. for a long time. Kudos to Ron and Pascal. This is a great example of an end user and manufacturer coming together to make a much needed product. I think you'll sell a lot of these.

A couple of suggestions if it's not too late. Please consider putting a mix bus in/out link connector on the back. Hopefully there is room. More often these days 8 tracks is not enough for some scenes. Being able to link 2 of these together would be awesome.

I'm very glad you've added another input. I can see how many would want 48v phantom on 2 inputs but I'm almost always wireless these days. For the way I work it would be great not to have to adjust the outputs of receivers going into channels 1 & 2. I always have more receivers than mixer inputs. We constantly are wiring ahead for the next scene and I use the back of my receivers like a patch panel plugging into whatever board input makes sense to me. Having different output levels on different receivers would get hairy in the heat of the moment and not good. Would it be possible to have a switch on input 1 & 2 to take out the mic pre and have the same amount of trim as inputs 3-8?

Thanks,

Alex

When you say link do you mean all inputs avail at both mixer outputs or a simple bus-in, where the mix from mixer A is added to the mix bus of mixer B?  Ron added the latter to my M6 years ago and that was a very handy thing to have--I used it all the time.  The former seems like it would be much more complex (expensive) to do...

philp

Absolutely!  If all you want to do is "link" to the L/R on the 664, that would do it.  In fact, it would be very desirable to connect to the 664 that way, otherwise you'd need to use a couple of the higher numbered TA3 inputs on the 664 and route ONLY those to the L/R.

However, if you wanted to "link" 2 Solice Mini's together, you'd need a few more pins.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

The production model has 8 inputs (2 full microphone pre-amplifiers with 48PH and 6 line inputs), a "Link" connector that allows you to connect audio to the inputs and outputs of the L and R summing amplifiers.  So now you can link two units together or link some other small mixer into the Solice Mini.  We also added a BNC for a little light.  We added a built in slate microphone, but still kept the external slate microphone input for those of you who use an external slate microphone.  Things are progressing nicely.  

best regards

Ron Meyer

PSC

Hi Everyone,

The production model has 8 inputs (2 full microphone pre-amplifiers with 48PH and 6 line inputs), a "Link" connector that allows you to connect audio to the inputs and outputs of the L and R summing amplifiers.  So now you can link two units together or link some other small mixer into the Solice Mini.  We also added a BNC for a little light.  We added a built in slate microphone, but still kept the external slate microphone input for those of you who use an external slate microphone.  Things are progressing nicely.  

best regards

Ron Meyer

PSC

Am I seeing things? Is the external power input on a 6pin when the industry standard is 4 pin.