Beachtek Pro5180

jason porter

Yeah, I have a pile of IPowers too, they typically power a UM for over 4 hours. If these new batteries can last 6 hours, they would get me though most days without having to change batteries. (or carry a bunch of extras)

Not those, but I used to run US Power 9V batteries and they were absolutely superb, saving me a fortune. Although I managed to kill one by leaving it in a TX for a couple of weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking at the beachteks for a UHa plug on.  I need the longest runtime I can get for a doc where battery changes for planted mics could be impossible.  I know I can use lithiums, but I don't need 16 hours of run time, and I'm trying to save them $1000 on lithiums by buying 4 beachteks for $100.  Reports with a plug on?

I just bought 8 of these last week. 7 of them gave me run times of 9:11 to 10:03 in my UM400s (the 8th was at 4:45). I'm using Ipower and Soshine chargers. Note that the price alert has been there awhile. They just change the date.

Was there a significant audio signal level being transmitted during the run time or were they left somewhere to run in a silent condition?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I have a pile of IPowers too, they typically power a UM for over 4 hours. If these new batteries can last 6 hours, they would get me though most days without having to change batteries. (or carry a bunch of extras)

You are only getting 4 hours out of an iPower 9v in UMs? I usually get 6-7 hours in my UM TX with ipowers depending on how old they are.

Hi Jesse.

Yeah, that's what I always got with IPowers. When I say 4 hours, I mean 4 but I probably could have pushed it to 5 if I wanted to chance running them all the way down.

The Beachteks have been excellent.

You are only getting 4 hours out of an iPower 9v in UMs? I usually get 6-7 hours in my UM TX with ipowers depending on how old they are.

Hey Jason it's Brian from Toronto,

Have you tried them in Comteks?  Where did you purchase them?  How much.  It shows that Henry's downtown is a distributor.  That's amazing runtime in a transmitter.  i still have 2 um and a HM that I use quite a lot for wireless boom.

Details!!!

Hi Brian.

I got mine from Trew Audio, about $25 each. I haven't used them in a Comtek, I use my older IPower 9v for them, get a full day or more.

Hey Jason it's Brian from Toronto,

Have you tried them in Comteks? Where did you purchase them? How much. It shows that Henry's downtown is a distributor. That's amazing runtime in a transmitter. i still have 2 um and a HM that I use quite a lot for wireless boom.

Details!!!

• 2 weeks later...