Sound Devices 633 Keyboard Issue

locationsoundvie

Hi,

i have purchased the 633 mixer/recorder a month ago and I'm having issues using the "Rii RT-MWK02". As soon as I plug the Bluetooth connector into the USB Port the screen freezes and I have to force the machine to shut down by pressing the menu button for a while with the "On/Of" switch set to "Off".

"USB Port" is set to "Keyboard" and I have tried to connect it before and after the machine has booted.

Firmware is 01.02.

I have already contacted the SD support...but maybe you have got some hints on that.

Kind regards
Tjandra Warsosumarto

Hey there,

thank you for the responses. Sound Devices support answered very very quickly and even tried to give an answer to the problem on the facebook group simutaneously.

here the response...

"The Bluetooth Rii RT-MWK02 keyboard does not work with the 633. The Rii RT-MWK01 2.4Ghz wireless keyboard does work well with the 633. Bluetooth requires that devices are paired with a device through the devices operating systems support of the Bluetooth. The 633 does not have the proper Bluetooth drivers to make this pairing."

"Yes, Nicholas does work on the firmware for our products. I know they have been investigating if there is anything they can do to enable Bluetooth communication with our products."

=)

The only crash I had (so far) on the 633 was when I had a keyboard plugged in. It crashed so hard, even a full-battery removal would not reset it (due to the 10-minute internal backup). Holding down the menu button for 7 seconds does a full reset, and luckily I was wise enough to save my user setup -- recalled that and I was back up in about 10 seconds. Never crashed during recording, and a couple of weeks ago I had some continuous 2.5-hour interviews with 5 tracks. Zero issues.

Call me superstitious, but I chose not to plug the keyboard back in... yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How much does the battery last on your keyboards?

My newly Rii RT-MWK01 drained after just one day of use, just want to check if mine is faulty or if that is normal..
I turned it on only between scenes to make notes and immediately turned it off

• 9 months later...

I can not I use my RT-UMK-100-RF with my 633 (1.04). Yet with my 788T it works very well: It is strange that SD handle in a different way the interfaces usb keyboard in its products.

Sergio.

My guess is New recorders work with Newer keyboards...It is computerstyle (Win and Mac): once you buy the newest computer you have to buy new boxes all over......