HD-SDI to SD converter

Jack Norflus

Does anyone know of an inexpensive HD-SDI to SD down converter that actually works.

Jack!

Expensive is relative. As Robert says the Black Magic one works fine and in the UK costs about £300 ($480).

I went down the other road and bought the Decimator Quad which enables me to have a four way split on the monitor down one cable but technology comes at a price like $900.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s. CAS.

• 2 months later...

Blackmagic products usually have connectors soldered to the PC board (I'm not sure about the rugged versions) and are not mechanically attached to the case.  After time, the stressing of use will break the solder connection.  I have often had to resolder broken PC solder joints on BM products.  Same deal for their cameras.

Decimator and AJA have pretty solid mechanical attachment to the case and are less prone to fatigue.

Jack!

Expensive is relative. As Robert says the Black Magic one works fine and in the UK costs about £300 ($480).

I went down the other road and bought the Decimator Quad which enables me to have a four way split on the monitor down one cable but technology comes at a price like $900.

Malcolm Davies A.m.p.s. CAS.

I agree, cost is going to be the initial investment.  I went the Malcolm route with the Decimator Quad and love it.  I use my existing 75ohm cables, this $250.00 (which is probably now $200.00) HDMI input monitor and an $80.00 SDI to HDMI converter box.  The big money is the Decimator @ $1200.00, however still less than 4 HD monitors with new cables/snakes.

G

post-334-0-99799900-1403239482_thumb.jpg