New TC Slate from Denecke/Timecode Buddy

Johnny Karlsson

Whats with the antenna....   ???  Time code buddy...  Mounted on the back of the slate?..  or built in...?

It's bad enough the ACs hammer the slates we already have....

I am surprised they actually take the abuse they receive...  the Time code buddy hanging antenna?...  I give that 4 days on set.... 5 maybe... LOL...

A simple "S" And "T" would suffice. I was hoping when Denecke got their new slate built it would support reading scene and take from zaxnet. Hopefully that's possible. I haven't seen what it takes to enter metadata into the tc buddy, but personally i am looking for less ways to screw up my metadata, not more.

I've always loved the concept though.

TCBuddy is partnering with MovieSlate app, who are partnering with Denecke for the slate. I may be wrong but that's the way I understand it. So the metadata's probably entered via MovieSlate.

If we look back in time, it seems zaxcom and Denecke didn't come to terms in the end. My guess is zaxcom will release something on its own (read: proprietary) (not unlike it was a surprise).

Hi Everyone,

You guys do realize that this is a simplified computer rendering of the TS-TCB, right? ???

The display is fully customizable so " Scene V106AX2 Take 96" is not a problem. Heck, you can even have the "the director name in lights".

Thanks for all the input. All well taken and noted. More to be revealed at show time.

Thanks again!

Charlie

You guys do realize that this is a simplified computer rendering of the TS-TCB, right? ???

The display is fully customizable so " Scene V106AX2 Take 96" is not a problem. Heck, you can even have the "the director name in lights".

Fooled me! Idea looks great. Can't wait to see the real thing!