WisyCom now available in North America

Glen Trew

Wisycom's way to get into the US market (as is stated above) is 'give a good deal (US-soundman-wanting-to buy-wireless) on an unknown product with great specs,in a yet to conquer country with already local competition:Lectro and Zaxcom'.Wisycom decided to not include the whole bandwith that Europeans get (keep your eye on the money...),to make this is a non European party..WTF. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that it's the other way round: the WisyCom stuff sold on the US has blocked EU frequencies, because of EU restrictions not US. Besides the rf power restrictions, and the block used, there are more differences such as a more limited switching bandwidth (if that's the proper English term) in the EU and possibly others

Constantin what EU block restrictions are you talking about :In the EU (anybody) can buy a 566-790 mHz set.so why 'restrictions' on exportproducts to the US of A?(EU point of view)Makes no sense.Quickview

mpr30setthumb.png
WISYCOM - MTP-40 + MPR30 SET

UHF Miniature Beltpack, 3P Lemo connector en MPR30 single channel ENG ontvanger. Schakelbereik 224Mhz. Freq. 566 - 790 Mhz (zender + ontvanger).

iirc

The frequencies not available on the US versions of the wisycom radios are because the US government restrict the use of those frequencies to security and emergency services(?).

It would seem in this case european users do get what they pay (more) for.

dan.

I think the biggest issue any prospective purchasers of the MTP40 transmitters should be aware of is the lack of input limiter. Yes you did read that correctly!

I've been struggling with this on my kits due to the unpredictable dynamics of the documentary type stuff I do. The work around at present is to have the Tx trims set very low to allow for the occasional shout or scream and make it up on the mixer input. A counter intuitive gain structure in my book but necessary without the safety net of input limiters on the Tx's.

Here's hoping Wisycom can modify my MTP40 transmitters to have the killer new feature they are introducing with the MTP40-S. That's right, input limiters!!

If you're thinking of buying in to Wisycom radios I would still say do it (especially if you are able to get the great US deals) but just be aware of the current lack of input limiters and perhaps hang on until the MTP40-S is released.

Thanks

Stuart

+1 for what Stuart said.

As the owner MTP40's and struggling with unpredictable dynamics in the sphere of documentary, i'm hopeful Wisycom will be offering some sort of buy-back or upgrade scheme through their dealers so i can change get the anticipated 's'model with limiters.

Curious about all this, I sent the following message to Wisycom ( on May 29, 2014 ):

Hi -

I am considering the purchase of some of your wireless systems during the current promotion here in the USA. But I am unsure about a particular detail of the MTP40-US transmitter. I have heard that you are currently updating your TX to improve its limiter and believe the model # is MTP40-S. Does the MTP40-US ( as sold now in the USA ) have this updated limiter? IF not, when might this be available? And would there be some recourse to modify the current model ( if i buy now) to the improved specs?

Thank you for your time-

SIncerely....

And promptly received this response this morning:

You are right, only the model  MTP40S is supplied with the limiter.

We guarantee that all the MTP40s we are selling to the USA market have the limiter (MPT40S-US).

Don’t’ hesitate to contact us if you need further information.

Best regards

Nadia Sbrissa

WISYCOM SRL

Via Spin, 156

36060 Romano D’Ezzelino (VI) - ITALY

Tel. +39.0424.382605

Fax +39.0424.382733

web: www.wisycom.com

email : support@wisycom.com

So - as a bit of confusion still exists about the way current model is identified [ on Trew's site, ie "MPT40-US" & not the "MPT40S-US" as Nadia states above ] I sent a follow up email & await reply. But a guarantee its the updated one seems pretty clear.

Yes, the impression I have is that only the S version will be sold in the US. Peter, since you have their attention maybe you should also ask if all the US sold transmitters will also do 100mW.

Check with Trew and Gotham too, they're both in contact with and seen to be forming a serious relationship with Wisycom. Not sure about any of the other dealers.

Interesting stuff.

Any US recordists here taken advantage of the deals and bought kits yet? Are they MTP40-S Txs ie. with limiters?

I'm yet to hear back from Wisycom or Raycom (UK distributor) about this but was under the impression that the MTP40-S was yet to be released. Do please report back Petersont with any information forthcoming from Wisycom.

Thanks

Stuart

• 3 weeks later...

(barefaced plug alert!) I am delighted to say that my brow beating of Massimo has finally paid off and I am able say that Raycom is almost ready to release the promised Wisycom special deals. It's going to be a choice of two kits with two transmitters and an MCR42 with headphone back. It's such a good price that I have been asked not to publish it online, so the only way to get the info on this is to sign up to our mailing list here: http://raycom.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe...

(barefaced plug alert!) I am delighted to say that my brow beating of Massimo has finally paid off and I am able say that Raycom is almost ready to release the promised Wisycom special deals. It's going to be a choice of two kits with two transmitters and an MCR42 with headphone back. It's such a good price that I have been asked not to publish it online, so the only way to get the info on this is to sign up to our mailing list here: http://raycom.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe...

Since it CE-approved, does that mean we can buy this special deal and use it legally in any countries in Europe? I’m just wondering if it’s possible to buy this kit in some way if I'm not from UK (but within Europe)? I have a friend living in UK - can I buy and ship to him, and import it to my country later? Or can I fly to UK and buy it physical, and bring it back with me? Really want to buy this kit at this nice price ;) 

CE is not a seal of approval, but rather a declaration by the manufacturer to comply to all relevant EU rules.

Of course you can buy it in the UK and have it shipped to you elsewhere in Europe. Why not? Will the UK shop pass on their special deal to you? Who knows, that's their decision. You can have a friend buy it for you. Of course, why should this not be possible?