iZotope RX 3 Noise Profile Automation?

Carlos Maeda

Is this something that's possible that I am too dumb to figure out on my own? I have maybe 5 different noise profiles to filter out, and at the moment I have to run individual instances of the plugin and automate the global bypass in order to do so and keep my CPU happy. I know I could destructive edit a copy of the selected audio, but it seems to me what I'm proposing wouldn't be that difficult to implement. Anyone else have thoughts on the matter? Please share.

Guess I'm just trying to find a cleaner way to do so non-destructively (of the newer generation where I haven't learned the skill to commit completely to my decisions, lol). You're currently able to automate 6 threshold points, so in my mind I see something like "Profile #1 On/Off, Profile #2 On/Off, etc. Wishful thinking I suppose.

I believe that can be done within Pro Tools, automating each function, but it's clunky and very time-consuming. Me, I just destructively write each segment using the presets. If there's a fancier way, I haven't found it yet.

If you are running PTHD, you can probably automate any plugin (including RX3 I believe) fairly fast with Snapshot Automation.

You can easily lower your anxiety level by first making a backup copy of any sound file you're going to destructively change.

That's exactly what I do. If I get a chance, I'll check to see if iZotope has a booth, and I'll ask them about automation in Pro Tools to specifically flip back and forth between presets. I bet it's doable.