Zaxcom RX12

Solid Goldberger

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could imagine it is because of the FP8 being less deep than the Nomad, so it is convenient to let it be over all...

Of all the pictures i ve seen of the rx12 "bagged up" is there any specific reason other than user preference why is it always below the nomad? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

More RX12s are shipping this week.

Glenn

Where are they shipping to and what's the street price?

Great cart wireless unit. I dont know about the bag consiering the weight and size.

From the pictures it doesn't seem that much bigger then the nomad. I guess I'd be willing to sacrifice weight/size for efficiency and speed. Have any of the specs been publicized yet?  I didn't see it on Zaxcom's site. 

A bag with Nomad/RX12/FP8 is about 14 pounds

A nomad , 6 qrx200 and micplexer 2 is 6.35 pounds.

I will stick with that until Glenn makes it lighter by taking out the wireless modules shells and just makes 4 or 6 qrx200s with a micplexerII and Nomad "One Unit ® " device with one hirose common power and one AES In/Out . I am sure if he makes  "One Unit ® " the weight can go down as much as 5.5 - 6  pounds.

A bag with Nomad/RX12/FP8 is about 14 pounds

A nomad , 6 qrx200 and micplexer 2 is 6.35 pounds.

I will stick with that until Glenn makes it lighter by taking out the wireless modules shells and just makes 4 or 6 qrx200s with a micplexerII and Nomad "One Unit ® " device with one hirose common power and one AES In/Out . I am sure if he makes  "One Unit ® " the weight can go down as much as 5.5 - 6  pounds.

Is the "one unit" that chassis you've been designing? 

Hmm, I see your point. I thought the weight difference was going to be minimal. 

Actually, I don't want to go with it as a pioneer on my next job... I will start it very soon, I was just thinking to the next one. I am at the point I need other 2-4 wireless channel and so I have to choose between buying 1-2 more QRXs or move my entire wireless system to this new RX12 (since I could be interested in its features for the little I know).

MM: " so any tools I can implement to make my life easier would be great."

and Vale, too...

reminder of the joys of being an early adopter: do you want to be a pioneer on a major gig..? 

JF: " I'm only assuming, "

aka guessing, aka you don't know.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what understand is:

With RX12 you must have all your wireless (from one to twelve) within 35 MHz. Lets say 512 - 547 MHz. You can't use (theoretically) it outside from 35 MHz.

With three QRX200 you can have the six wireless in different 35 MHz. First two wireless 512 - 547 MHz. Next two wireless 550 - 585 MHz. Last two wireless 600 - 635 MHz. You can't do this RX12 as understand.