9V rechargeable in 411s...

Boomboom

Hi, I've been looking at threads regarding what rechargeable batteries to use and not to use with UCR411s and I'd like a definite answer (if that can exist) about what models to use and what to avoid please ?

In this thread (link below), it's stated that recent Tenergy ones are to avoid... but what about the iPower ones ? Lots of people use'em in the transmitter but in the receivers ? What running time do you get ?

(ok, can't paste nothing here anymore... so the title of the thread was ''new iPower 9v alternative from Tenergy'' )

Thanks

Thanks a lot !

On another forum I get ''something like 4 hours'' with brand new batts ... well...

It's a shame cause you get so much more runtime with non-rechargeable ones but I want to use rechargeables...

It's encouraging I get more positive comments on this side of the web; a middle point between all the comments I gather would yield something not too bad ! I might in fact be able to change once in a job day at lunch.

I know it's quite uncommon since we mainly use the SRseries nowadays, but I was affraid I'd get like two hours...  :)

The iPower batteries typically run units longer than an alkaline 9 Volt. They occasionally have trouble with RF in a transmitter. The unit will try to turn on and when the RF comes up, the protection circuit in the iPower will shut the battery down. Not always but often enough to be a pain. They seem to be ideal in receivers.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

boomX2: " It's a shame cause you get so much more runtime with non-rechargeable ones but I want to use rechargeables... "

not so

" I'd like a definite answer (if that can exist) about what models to use and what to avoid "

it depends...

and that is definite!

actually, while some folks have had Tenergy issues, others have not...

and there are way too many variables (like chemistry, and capacity) and thus YMMV, and I use what seems like the best idea for the gig at hand...

definitely avoid the batteries in 9V form factor but with only ~7.2 V potential

The iPower batteries typically run units longer than an alkaline 9 Volt. They occasionally have trouble with RF in a transmitter. The unit will try to turn on and when the RF comes up, the protection circuit in the iPower will shut the battery down. Not always but often enough to be a pain. They seem to be ideal in receivers.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

My personal experience with this and ipower has been strictly with plug on transmitters only. I use alkaline in plug on transmitters only. All other 400 and 400a transmitter beltpack versions as well as 411's have worked splendid for me with ipower batts

Ken

In my experience iPower run time was a little better than ProCell Alkalines. That goes for a transmitter or receiver. iPowers are great to power a 411 mounted on a little camera.

Sure, not the runtime of a disposable lithium, but how often do you need a 16 hour run time? Sure, there are times you might, but not on most of my jobs.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

I've never run into this problem, and  I've been using iPowers with UM400s, UM400As and UH400As for what seems like an eternity.