Portabrace AO Organizer Bags: Modifications - Brainstorm Frenzy!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just started work on getting the changes made on the AO-1 redesign. This bag is slightly smaller than the AO-1.5. Yet another option for the 633.Also a great fit for the Nomad.

The changes will follow suit and very much mirror the 1.5 mods.

Thanks guys!

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

These bags look very interesting. I used to be a long time Portabrace user, but quit when bags came on the market that were much more practical.

The handles though - do they fold away? One of the issues with the old Audio Organisers was that one ended up with a fairly heavyweight handle buried in ones belly. This looks like it could be a problem here as well.

I just saw this:

http://www.portabrace.com/products/audio/organizers/1157-custom-audio-bag

Yeah, PB custom made bags to your specs, so now everyone can have their own specific needs met.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for noticing that. I wondered how long it would take for someone to see it.

After this huge long discussion thread over the AO-1.5, it seems that the best way to please everyone is to start creating custom bag options for the users. Issues were raised in the thread so many times about handles, pocket sizes and a multitude of other different changes. The custom bag option was definitely the best solution to the abundant requests. 

I encourage anyone to look over the new service, and offer feedback. I really hope that this new idea will prove to be a popular option for anyone looking to tailor their bag to their very own needs.

Thanks.  

Adam that is pretty cool.

I know it will vary greatly bag to bag but roughly do you have a ballpark on price range?

Hey Jack,

That's a very hard question to answer. In fact, I think I will have to get back to you on that one. Let me work through the process with a few customers. Then I can give everyone a better idea of how much things will cost. I would love to give you a number, but I dont want to guestimate incorrectly. 

I intend to take pictures of custom bags that we ship out and make their design and price available for all to see. I hope to build up a reasonable gallery of ideas for others to ponder over.

Thanks!

Adam: " That's a very hard question to answer. In fact, I think I will have to get back to you on that one. Let me work through the process with a few customers. Then I can give everyone a better idea of how much things will cost. I would love to give you a number, but I dont want to guestimate incorrectly. "

IOW: it depends

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam, can you put a nomad in there for us and document?

It seams the bag is not as deep for Nomad. Unless there is a padding that can be removed.

I have to say, I like the Orca 30 for Nomad but the Portabrace weight is just to seducing .... As far as the portabrace design I have to check it out for real and not from pictures.

But the weight is IMHO the biggest selling point for this bag.