Post Production Mixer Needed

Hi, a friend of mine is a Post supervisor for a small feature here in Ontario, Canada.

She is looking for somebody interested in editing dialogue and creating a mix for this film.

Not a lot of money but (overused term alert) it is a good stepping stone. I have heard some rushes

and the location dialogue sounds quite good.

Please contact Janine  at janine.oloman@gmail.com

and a foley session/edit. 

Very true. I've been told by directors before, "we don't want any foley, the dialogue has to be perfect on set, we have no budget," and I always tell them, "foley is a necessary part of every scripted motion picture. We'll find a way to do it cheap." And we always do. Between wild lines on the set and a couple of days of foley on a modest-priced stage, it can be done.

If Janine is willing to come down to LA, there's deals to be made here. But I ain't going up to Canada, and I have no contacts she could use there. I bet Mark Hensley would know some people. 

• 4 weeks later...

marc: " We'll find a way to do it cheap." And we always do. "

thus driving the race to the bottom...

Eh, it's a question of, "what budget do we have?" And we say, "OK, for X dollars, we can do 12 hours at Facility X, but that's our limit." You fix the biggest problems in 12 hours and move on. It ain't great and it ain't ideal, but you do what you can and hope for the best. Post is like that.