Cart Rebuild - Pix 970

Well I've made a big change with my cart from when I first built it in 2006. It's now all in the one 19ru SKB. I've ditched my Deva 5 and have gone Dante, with the Sound Devices Pix 970 and a JoeCo BBR64-Dante as my backup recorder. I still have another fail safe, Boom Recorder on the Mac-Mini.

This photo is the first power up. There is a Pix 260i as a 'placeholder' until the 970 ships at the end of April.

post-273-0-30097800-1398234114_thumb.jpg

The back of the cart and a whole bunch of interconnecting cables are all gone.

post-273-0-25721900-1398234164_thumb.jpg

Here's how it used to look. The 19ru, with a 4ru on top.

post-273-0-17535900-1398234888_thumb.jpg

Wonderful, Richard. I'm waiting for my first SD 970 (of two, eventually) to arrive in Australia. Are you going to have a keyboard for metadata entry to the 970, or use PIXnet?

Also, do you happen to remember the details of the sliding shelf your 01v96 is on? It looks to be a 1U drawer, maybe? What method, if any, do you use to hold the mixer to the shelf for transit?

Cheers,

nick

Wonderful, Richard. I'm waiting for my first SD 970 (of two, eventually) to arrive in Australia. Are you going to have a keyboard for metadata entry to the 970, or use PIXnet?

Also, do you happen to remember the details of the sliding shelf your 01v96 is on? It looks to be a 1U drawer, maybe? What method, if any, do you use to hold the mixer to the shelf for transit?

Cheers,

nick

Have a look at these guys for 1RU sliding shelf. Free shipping Australia wide till the end of the month too.

http://www.4cabling.com.au/1ru-universal-sliding-shelf.html

They have a bunch of other rack accessories too.

Cheers

Peter Mega

Nick, I do have a wireless keyboard and it's in a keyboard pull out tray beneath the Pix. I 'borrowed' this entire concept from Phil Palmer.

I have a second wireless keyboard and mouse for the Mac Mini and third for the JoeCo, that unfortunately has to be hard wired!

The 01V sits on a heavy duty sliding shelf. I got this one in 2006 from Rackman, but Mid Atlantic makes a higher quality one. I drilled out holes for the rubber feet and velcro the Yamaha to the shelf. It's 'stuck' on there real good.

I use a Netgear GS105 5 port gigabit  switch to distribute the Dante, which can be powered off 12v dc. The Dante Virtual Soundcard on the Mac mini is for Boom Recorder

On The Pix, 2 drive caddies; CF Card and the SSD. On the JoeCo I have an external 1TB G-Te,ch Mini RAID drive. Since the BBR is in the rack, getting behind it is a PITA.

Roger that.  My recco for you re the JoeCo is to support it really well in the center if you haven't already.  Mine's been in my rack for a few years now and has developed a little bit of a "smile", drooping a bit in the middle.

philp