Anyone know of where I can get..

Richard Ragon

BNC (Female) to Standard 1/4" Phono Plug?   I've got a Sound Devices XL-LB2 Lemo to BNC I/O cable, and I want to convert to 1/4 plug for the smart slate..  Weird that I can't a single website with this simple adapter.

Thanks

You can get a BNC Female to 3.5mm mono then use a 3.5mm to 1/4 in mono 

http://www.trewaudio.com/store/BNC-female-3.5-mm-mono-male.html 

I have used this set up a few times when another mixer didn't have a jam cable 

You can also get a BNC female to 1/4in mono cable 

You probably won't find a commercially made adaptor since the 75 ohm BNC connector is a Video connector and the 1/4" phone plug is an audio connector which is not the same impedance and there is just no need to feed video into an analog audio input in the consumer or professional market.

.  Just make your own pigtail.

Yep, what Courtney said. I bet the guys at Wilcox in Burbank (818-504-0507) or Audio Department (818-566-6526) could custom-make a BNC-to-1/4" adapter for this purpose. 

I seem to recall I have a 1/4" plug adapter somewhere that actually has a BNC female on the back, so I can just use a normal BNC-to-BNC cable and attach it to this. 

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to do a custom one... In which I can do myself if need-be.  Last week, I discovered that my Sound Devices Lemo to XLR (to 1/4) just crapped out, and I can't sync my slate, so I'm going to make use of my Lemo to BNC.  I've got something that looks like Frankenstein on the end..  BNC to RCA,  Then RCA to XLR,  Then FXLR to MXLR, Then XLR to 1/4 Phono.  If I could just get a single BNC to 1/4 that would be awesome... But, I'll take BNC to 1/4 cable..

Thanks all who replied.

Ametron or Pac radio have the adapters you need to make this a simple solution. Those tc cables have a tendency to crap out so I keep spares for this sort of occasion, they'll only crap out on you when your on set and it's Sunday and you can't send someone to get another!

Don't overlook a simple adapter frenzy. I have a BNC (Nomad TC out) to BNC with an RCA plug adapted to 1/4" and that's adapted to mini. RCA because I was working with AF100 cameras (ugh), 1/4" for slates and mini for SB-3.

That's was made up with bits in the random adapter box, but that way I have it all in the bag.

RR: " my Sound Devices Lemo to XLR (to 1/4) just crapped out, "

fixable

Tried before.. Can't see anything wrong with it.. I've pulled it apart several times, and inspected it, and did continuity test on it, and I can never find any issue.  weird huh.   The cable works, when you put the slate in 'read' mode.. I see correct TC.  Then you place the slate in 'run' mode.. doesn't work.  I've been thinking it's the slate for a few years now.  It's a very random, sporadic problem.  Then this last week, it got worse.. the last shoot I was unable to jam the slate at all..  Swap a different lemo cable, then it suddenly works again.. The problem is very hard to troubleshoot.  At this point, I'm going to just toss the TC cable, and go with another one that I have (the BNC one).