• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Tenergy li-ion 18650, 14v 2600mAh

I like it, it's the most low profile i've seen,

can you list what you have?

Exactly!

Looks like a LiPo battery from All-Battery.com

The downside is lack of a nice easy charger.

I think these are the ones I have http://www.all-battery.com/li-ion18650148v2600mahrechargeablebatterypackpcbprotectionwith22awgbareleads.aspx

• 2 months later...

all of my sony NP-F's are starting to fail seemingly one after the other. I had a string of good luck for a while but it is coming to an end. chinese versions are all that are available now and the quality seems to be hit or miss. thinking of switching to Tenergy li-ion 18650, 14v 2600mAh listed by jack and a few others. can anyone share more pics of how you are mounting these with your qrx's? how many do you own and how many chargers do you own? trying to figure out a workflow for charging in between work. i am bummed from not having reliable NP-F's. if there is any chance someone has a source for reliable sony replacements please share

-Ken

Velcro and a bongo tie. Some of the chargers are slightly more involved than your normal click & walk away chargers.
AudioRoot makes half sized batteries, and HawkWoods makes half sized NP1s. If you power you bag with one of those already, it's nice to use the same chargers.

I have some of the Tenergy ones from All-Battery.com and they're ok, just that the charging is a pain. Also I worry a little that they may be annoying to fly with because they are shrink-wrapped cells and not a hard shell. 

I have some of the eBay security system backup batteries. The ones i got are not totally reliable, and I'm not sure if they are just cheap, or if something else is up. they came with a wall wart charger and will usually charge overnight, but they take a while.

That's why I have been interested in the batteries that are half-sized of what you might be using in the bag already. I personally don't have interest in using the Sony-type batteries if there are options because it means investing in (and carrying) yet another charger. At least with the AudioRoot/Inspired or NP option, i can justify it as redundancy. That's just me thinking after having done some international travel for work last year.