Sonosax SX62R

Roderick Matte

Hi John,

What firmware version turned out to be the successful one?

Hi Roderick, John and Thomas,

The firmware v4.3.xxx for all SX recorders fixed a bug where TC could drift with any framerate if the recorders were clocked by an external Wordclock signal, but it introduced another bug, where the pre rec time wasn't taken into account in the timestamp. Firmware v4.4.xxx fixed this issue for all SX recorders. This v4.4.xxx is the latest firmware available and it has been very stable on my R4 as well as on my 62R.

You'll be glad to know that the software development of the R4+ is coming along nicely and I'm testing every beta release very thoroughly. Eventually, some parts of the new code will make it into the older recorders as well.

Cheers,

Jürg

Hey Lisala,

As I don't work for Sonosax, I couldn't give you a delivery date for the SX-R4+. All I can say right now is that the first batch went out to beta testers such as myself a month ago. There's still some work to be done on the firmware in order to make it ready for a production environment. I guess that you may expect it to be available later this year.

Cheers,

Jürg