NP-1 shaped AC power unit

Jesse Flaitz

I use Switronix NP1s to power my bag.  I often find myself working in studio/office type locations a lot and running my bag off battery power almost seems like a waste of battery life since I'm sitting in one place for interviews all day.  There are obviously many ways to power my gear off AC (Nomad + Lectros), but I was wondering if there is anything out there that is an NP1 shaped AC power unit that can easily slide into my NP1 cup.

It would make any changes to mobile battery power very quick and not having to re patch power cables would be great.  I looked around but I haven't seen anything like that out there.  Any thoughts?

Just wire a male 4-pin XLR to the BDS/DC distro input connector of your choice and use your JL-2 plus charger as your AC adapter. Remember that 4 pin socket on the front?

Maybe not as easy as a dummy np1 like jack posted (very cool by way, wish I would have thought of that before recycling my old NiMH nps) but still a quick switch out.

This is what I did with an old np1 battery. Works very well when I want to power everything on house power. I have 2 np1 cups hot swappable to my 788 so a battery on one np1 and the ac power if I loose ac power automatically switches to the np1 battery.

G

post-2401-139964207462.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk