Any acceptable remaining questions...?

Sean

Wondering if there is any question remaining to be asked that won't incur the instant answer that one's an idiot for having asked anything since everything's been already asked and therefore everything's easily keywordable, if only we gets off our lazy duffs and cease asking stupid word searchable questions already?!!  

Have we reached that point in History yet?

There are now over nine thousand members here. You, therefore, have two obvious choices:

1) Pay attention to the compulsively redundant rantings of a miniscule minority

2) Focus your attention on the large group of helpful professionals who regularly contribute.

It's downright perplexing how some people squander their attention on choice number one, rather than opting to benefit from the second.

The choice is yours.

You can ask anything you want.  If you don't like someone's answer you don't respond to it--don't rise to the bait.  Jeff W has been very clear all along that there are no stupid questions here.  That doesn't mean that you might not be told to do a search and refine your question further, but that is a great learning process.

philp

Shoot!!  I am so sorry, I KNEW that was probably already asked.  I'm so so sooo sorry, I hadn't realized a word search was even an option, gosh, I need to familiarize myself with this online world stuff.  Begging everyone's pardon, I'll slink away and be just real real quiet now, neither seen nor heard but only listening like a good little soundman should.

HEY, WAIT A SECOND!! I just read the theme of this particular chat and it says "anything and everything"!! So I can write about whatever the heck I like here and the rest of you lot can go eat poo for all I care!!  Hah!! I won't be asking any audio questions today, no sir, thank you!! (though I still do for some reason feel apologetic and a little scared... but that's kinda normal I think, given the atmosphere).

Sean.....Relax..... The impatience of the internet tends to make a cause-effect conflict a  bit too quickly.  All our questions have an unstated context.  All of the answers, snarky or not, also have an unstated context.  All of the time those contexts are different. If I sit in a pink room and ask "Why is my room pink?", A person in a Blue room would answer, "You idiot, can't you see that it is blue?"  Different context.

According to the Buddhists' concept of "Dependent Origination" all things exist because of multiple causes and conditions.  Your questions exist because you are yourself...... And a response to your question exists because of completely different conditions.and causes.

"It Depends", made famous by Mike Michaels is probably the wisest response.  "It depends" is really asking about your context.

F---K 'em  Ask away.  JWSound is a training ground for battles on the set. Very Low Risk Here.  We don't write your payroll checks. 

Oh shoot I messed up again (sorry sorry sorry) I meant to use the term 'filmmakers' in the most randomized sense, in the sense that films couldn't get made without us, you see, and so, therefore, ipso facto, we're sorta the filmmakers too, don't you see). So that's what I was meaning and I certainly was never intending to suggest otherwise.

Oh shoot I messed up again (sorry sorry sorry) I meant to use the term 'filmmakers' in the most randomized sense, in the sense that films couldn't get made without us, you see, and so, therefore, ipso facto, we're sorta the filmmakers too, don't you see). So that's what I was meaning and I certainly was never intending to suggest otherwise.

I knew what you meant :D.

I'm finding it hard to figure out the tone of this thread though.  This forum is, to my mind, the best resource for what we do on the web.  It's not hard to ignore a comment or a thread or a bit of a dig from another more experienced mixer if one has made a faux pas are had a "brain fart" (bloody awful expression).

Someone would have to do something pretty spectacular to get a complaint about this site from me.

I think the problem here is that JWSound isn't a place for beginners to learn, it's a place for experienced mixers to chat, swap tips and learn things the beginners don't even know they don't know. So if you wander in and ask some stupid questions, which seems to happen more and more often, you'll probably get burnt, rightly so, some might say.