Any acceptable remaining questions...?

Sean

Isn't every question being asked and answered in one online database kind of a brilliant thing?  

Wouldn't someone usually pay a lot of money for that if it were printed in paperback form? 

Well you get the (broad) point that I'm trying to make.  Getting shot down for asking a question is a very small trade off for the access to all the knowledge and experience shared here, even if some of it contains an element of bias or occasionally has to be fact checked (even just for relevancy and changes in technology).

I agree with your comments re: the purpose of the board (hence why I do 98% reading and 2% posting).  There are very (some might say too) lenient facebook groups for asking lazy questions, especially if one doesn't have time to google it because one is DJ'ing later in the evening :).

I'm also not encouraging the use of the site as "sound school", I'm purely expressing the fact that I am incredulous that there are any complaints against the right honourable Mr Wexlers most excellent messageboard, given its immense value to working sound mixers, boom ops, utilities and PSC recordists.

Right, very very sorry if I offended anyone.

You see, I've been silently skulking around this site for eons and this was simply my way of saying Sound Speeds! :-)  

Decided to poke my nose out just far enough so that I could experience what it's like to stitch it back on.  ;-)

But, no, seriously I do have a substantive audio question - I'm in the market for a new mixer and need to know which is better, the Maxx or 633?  Also, what wireless system is the best?  

---------------> (KIDDING KIDDING!!!!!) <--------------------

No, I seriously just wanted to actually say hello for a change. :-)

Right, very very sorry if I offended anyone.

You see, I've been silently skulking around this site for eons and this was simply my way of saying Sound Speeds! :-)  

Decided to poke my nose out just far enough so that I could experience what it's like to stitch it back on.  ;-)

But, no, seriously I do have a substantive audio question - I'm in the market for a new mixer and need to know which is better, the Maxx or 633?  Also, what wireless system is the best?  

---------------> (KIDDING KIDDING!!!!!) <--------------------

No, I seriously just wanted to actually say hello for a change. :-)

...in a dickish way!

Mr. Senator, Sir, just moved from Boston to NH but lived in Brooklyn from 1999-2006 and that's where the majority of my contacts reside.

(and, might I add, sir, that it's an absolute honor to be writing to you).

Full Disclosure: Just bought a 633 six hours ago from my peeps at Gotham Sound (love those guys).  Excited to finally own it after spending the past year jealously coveting this little dreamboat while perusing endless 633 threads (A big Thank You to the JW community, simply an invaluable resource).

Been 702T/442 based for the past few years and so making this transition feels remarkably liberating.  There's something about having even one more (let alone 4 more!!) isolated channels at my disposal that makes me salivate in a remarkably pavlovian fashion (not proud of that fact but it is what it is).