K-Tek is taking pre-orders for the Stingray for the Sound Devices 664

dfisk

It's official. We've finished our beta testing and have made the final touches and I have let all of our dealers know we are taking pre-orders for the new Stingray for the Sound Devices 664. If you want one contact your dealer of choice to get on the list. We are expecting delivery to be July/August. I'll be doing a video demo of the latest version of bag next week. 

Will this be a Nomad bag as well? Or are you doing a different one for that?

Dave has said there is a Nomad bag in the development pipeline. This would be way big for a Nomad. 

I don't recall if the Nomad and 788 would take the same bag. They are closer in size. 

Dave has said there is a Nomad bag in the development pipeline. This would be way big for a Nomad. 

I don't recall if the Nomad and 788 would take the same bag. They are closer in size. 

Also would be wise to wait for the Nomad fader panel to come out to see how that would fit in.

Also would be wise to wait for the Nomad fader panel to come out to see how that would fit in.

Yup. I'll be interested in comparing the size of that and the 788 with it's fader panel. The Nomad does fit in the 664 bag, but you have about an inch of extra space between the zaxnet antenna and where you strap it into the bag. It works, but it is not ideal for me...meaning it isn't perfect. A Nomad specific bag is the next recorder bag on the list, but we'll have to look at how many folks will use the fader panel in the bag because it creates the same conundrum as the cl-6 did. Make space for it or not? If we make space for it then we have to make space for a bunch more wireless and now you have a rather large bag. Rest assured we'll go through the same design process and beta testing. I'll want ideas on how to best deal with the Zaxnet antenna.

I was super stoked that Jon Gilbert wanted to beta test the 664 bag. I had several people here in the states testing for me but I wanted someone from the UK to test it as well, and his feedback was great. All the feedback from the beta testers is invaluable for us. It's the most critical phase in the production process for us. We are really excited about the 664 Stingray and future products for the bag division. 

Thanks Dave, I was pretty happy with my Petrol 617 bag, and didn't really rate the Stingray for the 633, so I was as surprised as anyone to find that the Stingray for the 664 is pretty much the perfect bag for it. It's not light, but no 664 and multiple radio set up is going to be light, but it's clearly been designed by one of us, and does what we need it to do. 

Now, soon as I buy a 633, I'll be getting a Stingray to go with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder to get your pre-order in with your dealers if you can. The current pre-orders are reserving units really fast and the number of available units is dwindling rapidly. It's looking like these will sell quickly to get on the list as soon as you can.