Beats headphones

chris55

My money is on Apple removing the 3.5mm jack on their phones and tablets and using the lightning port instead. They will charge hefty licensing fees to third party mfgs, sell expensive adaptors that are just bulky enough that conumers will trade in their headphones for pairs that incorporate the lightning connector and by offering beats headphones, they'll be in a position to sell headphones with the lightning connector at a much larger profit margin than any of the third party licensees. 

i Would agree that they aren't good headphones but then again we aren't the target audience for them. the people that they target are people who don't know what quality audio should sound like. 

If young people are never exposed to good headphones, and they do the majority of music listening on them, then they're never going to experience what good sound is. This is bad for music, bad for TV & film sound, bad for artists, bad for everybody.

If young people are never exposed to good headphones, and they do the majority of music listening on them, then they're never going to experience what good sound is. This is bad for music, bad for TV & film sound, bad for artists, bad for everybody.

There is no good music these days so I wouldn't worry about that :-P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Bose is going after Apple-Beats for patent infringement:

"Bose and Beats are two of the most well-known headphone makers in the industry, benefiting from their push into higher-end products."

http://www.cnet.com/news/bose-accuses-beats-of-infringing-noise-canceling-headphone-patents/?tag=nl.e496&s_cid=e496&ttag=e496&ftag=CAD1c318f6

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Seems a very large generalization.... and perhaps more to do with personal taste than what is actually going on.... if you dig a little bit there is great new music happening

Could be. But in what era were young people exposed to good headphones or sound? On the farm with grampa's fiddle, the one the horse stepped on? Victrola era? Transistor radio era? Crappy home hi-fi? Car radio/stereo? Boom box? Walkman? Home computer? MP3/etc-player buds?

Seems like crappy sound has long been with us. Most people are OK with that. Musicians might care more (but may not be able to afford accurate sound-consumption equipment), some music fans do... and somehow there's still some decant sound out there.

Do you mean, the new music today is different from the new music released when you were a teenager? :-P

For the record, I know you're kidding, but there's amazing music coming out these days. My kids clue me into all sorts of great stuff. I stumble on some stuff through the radio (it's like a wireless mic system receiver that picks up music, not dialog), and various internet services. Music is pretty damn healthy these days.  

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

is this even serious ? beats......  :) the ones that are weighted down to feel like it has something  of quality :)   apple is on a get money quick rampage. only now matters. its a bit philips after the 80's just keep the investors happy , dont mind making good products just cash in. until it gets pissed on by the consumers. although there are always people around to keep the company a float so it seems, some certain people.