LAX RF woes...

RPSharman

Senator - please don't be disappointed...

I have a few days on a pilot VERY close to LAX.  It's been a really long time since I've worked down there.  It's all our primary cast on our primary set, which will be full of techy stuff and pools of light, supplied by hung par-cans or some other hard light from above.  Walk and talks down narrow hallways into glass offices, so I'm expecting I'll need some wires there.

I'll be showing up with blocks 21/22/24/25, and Comteks in 216.

I just hope someone with truthfully say, "Hey - I was there last week.  It's not so bad."

Or... "You're totally f*d."

I want to prepare mentally.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks, gentleman.  I feel a bit better, at least in terms of frequencies.

The building is shockingly quiet inside, but I imagine FX and A/C will be running through the roll-up door which faces both the 405 and LAX. Construction was asked to build a plug with cutouts for A/C and FX hoses (water tank), so we'll see. When we were there on the scout, the planes weren't too bad in terms of frequency of occurrence, and they went by so fast, so perhaps the door faces the "other" runway.

RPS: " please don't be disappointed... "

I was disappointed; the title suggests you were having issues to report.

perhaps before leaving town, you should get an RF Explorer.... take it on scouts: It would show you the spectrum, and it is more convenient than scanning, even the Lectro folks have and use them.

LAX mostly means more airplanes for us, more so than more RF.

Two years ago, I shot there for a couple of days with lectro blocks 22,24&25 .No more problems than usual.The jets are easier to deal with than Malibu state park because they are low and go by quickly and if they are bad, they are really bad-----no tryin' to decide.I did those American Airline commercials in the late 70's and 80's and usually had an easy time of it, shooting on the tarmac.

J.D.

RPS: " please don't be disappointed... "

I was disappointed; the title suggests you were having issues to report.

perhaps before leaving town, you should get an RF Explorer.... take it on scouts: It would show you the spectrum, and it is more convenient than scanning, even the Lectro folks have and use them.

LAX mostly means more airplanes for us, more so than more RF.

I have one on order. It's "on its way", as it has been since before the scout.

Yaaaawn...

Hey, Wyatt, why the yawn? What's wrong with Rado suggesting something that works for him and has solved a whole host of problems that others have had while using wireless from other companies? There is a certain joy in discovering gear that gives us new peace of mind, no worries, and helps out a bunch in the new world of RF hell that we're in.

I think the yawn was just a way of saying "yes we've heard you like Zaxcom". I do too, don't get me wrong, it's just that in this case the wireless is lectro, and Robert wanted to know if lectro blocks worked on this particular location. I don't think rado's tip helps Robert, the Op. However, Rado's tip might help others.

I'd keep a yawn to myself. But I get it I think....

My post was not about zaxcom.

lectro are coming out  with wide band.

And with digital.

Just pointing it out.

I think the yawn was just a way of saying "yes we've heard you like Zaxcom". I do too, don't get me wrong, it's just that in this case the wireless is lectro, and Robert wanted to know if lectro blocks worked on this particular location. I don't think rado's tip helps Robert, the Op. However, Rado's tip might help others.

I'd keep a yawn to myself. But I get it I think....

I think the yawn was just a way of saying "yes we've heard you like Zaxcom". I do too, don't get me wrong, it's just that in this case the wireless is lectro, and Robert wanted to know if lectro blocks worked on this particular location. I don't think rado's tip helps Robert, the Op.

That sums it up nicely

I'll be showing up with blocks 21/22/24/25, and Comteks in 216.

Maybe I'm a crazy man, but for whatever reason I seem to ALWAYS have luck with channel 74 on Block 24 here in Los Angeles.  I can't explain it, but when all else fails, for some reason Channel 74 on B24 never seems to let me down...

I've done 4 shoots at Sepulveda/Imperial by LAX in the last month. 2 on block 19 and 2 on 25. No problems. I think I've noticed helicopters causing more RF weirdness than jets. Non-scientific observation of course. Also didn't notice much aircraft noise in general. Building we were in pretty much killed all cell phone reception though. That's always painful!