Sma socket on Sennheiser G3

Dear Malcolm,

What's the idea - to be able to add a 'different' kind of aerial? or a remote aerial? 

Just asking... :)

-vin

Hi Vin,

It enables the connection of a di-pole for instance or feeding the output through a linear RF amplifier. All good options once you have an SMA installed.

Tim

no problems here. had these modded babies for more then a year now. started with sen g2, and in the end escalated to my sony uwp's. g2 is made into an iems for the boom operator, scratch track and director, attached to an

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/291095023703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

sma connect to lectro sna 600 when needed more stability and range in rf signals.

while sony uwps (30mw) are connected to a psc multi sma- shure ua830 rf amp on 10 db- shure 1/2 wave omni directional antennas and i must say this revolution has impressed tons of non believers and also dealers here in singapore. from a test that we did recently with my system walk in the park range would cover 200 meters without any problems like sonic deterioration and drop outs.  the rf signal meters stays within 3-2 bars within  the range mention above. considering for such a cheap option it does an amazing job. combined with my psc long periodic antenna the range went close to 400 meters of course all within line of sight.

while just last week me, another sound dude stanley, and one of the owner of xn3, bryan (the only distributors of wisycom here in asia) had a test with my system combining this

http://www.wisycom.com/www3/products/product/baa

an rf amp from wisy with my sony system + psc + BAA rf amp on 15 db no over modulation + 1/2 wav antenna just to see how well it performs and that one really blew me, stan and bryan away. my bag was on the second floor of the building inside the shop where there are barriers of wooden, concrete, glass and cemented walls. i went all over the second floor , to the toilet where i went for a pit stop to go wee wee, after flushing went down to the 1st floor out door parking lot, then to the main road, then went on over to basement 1 where its another parking lot...the results were jen jen jeng... no drop outs signal stayed on 3-2 bars rock solid with no sonic loss..system overkill the odds especially in a high traffic taxi rf environment where they the cabs are using the 500 mhz bandwidth here... hahah.. no words could justify our reactions because we were beyond speechless...the only thing that was on my head after all of that was this..

...lol!! 

post-7569-0-32268700-1401957810_thumb.jp

• 3 years later...