PSC Solice Mini prototype

Devendra Cleary

Stopped by PSC today to size up the new prototype of the Solice Mini with my mini cart. Thanks Ronald Meyer for letting me interrupt your day to check out your and Pascal's creation. It looked like parts were arriving and you guys now have your work cut out for ya! Can't wait!

-Devendra Cleary, CAS

uhymemap.jpgy6agu7er.jpg

It's one of those things that kind of just seems to solve a million things at once, but all in a tiny foot print and a reasonable price.

I have a Tascam HS-P82 which in terms of recording, is a great budget priced 8 track recorder BUT the mixing with it (even with the control surface) leaves A LOT to be desired.  I'm thinking that if I pair it with the Solice Mini though, that would solve a lot of my problems / make it so I didn't have to splurge for a whole new recorder for my cart.

Devendra, would you say that you prefer an analog mixer to a control surface, or that they are two different beasts? Ive only been using the CL-8 with my 788T, but have been weighing my options as far as a fader based mixer, and although a CL-9 seems like the right thing to get, Ive been considering a few different analog mixers, the Solice Mini being one of them, since I have more than one recorder and a CL-9 would not work with both.

damn...

I don't want anything heavier than 1.75 kg

that's my limit...

now,

what about bags for it ??

and how does it handle playback ?? can I route the playback from the recorder through the mixer on a separate bus ??

This was discussed in another post. Please do a search :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For someone who's favorite line is to ask the manufacturer, you can't even help yourself when someone does.

damn...

I don't want anything heavier than 1.75 kg

that's my limit...

now,

what about bags for it ??

and how does it handle playback ?? can I route the playback from the recorder through the mixer on a separate bus ??

"ok, probably reads more offensive than I intended."

Ya wouldn't be the 1st or the last Nick. All's cool.  We should all be able to take a little good natured heat or quips from our peers. Even the Senator.   

Back to the Solice Mini. I look forward to checking it out. Big fan of Ron & his team.

CrewC

All good everyone! What's an internet thread nowadays without flame war, fandom, and trolling.

But yeah, how about the PSC Solice Mini. I think he's going to sell a lot of them. As I've been working off of that mini cart on occasion, the only thing that has bummed me out is not having linear faders like I'm used to. The 664 is awesome but anything over 3 mics and those knobs are tough!