• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jack- Any concern with QRX200 not being able to vent properly? In the last configuration it looks like the vent holes will be covered by the the bag/411a. Maybe I'm being too cautious with always giving mine some room.

The qrx generate a lot of heat. I have been using the rxmount that zax sells, in part because it provides venting space for the qrx.

It depends on how much gear I use but between 2:30-4 hours.

Is there a dual battery system out there so you can have two batteries plugged in, but only having power drawn from one, and then when one dies it kicks over to the other one? Kinda like what the Cantar has built in? The goal being switching out batteries without shutting down your gear. 

Orca OR30 review.

The OR30 is very lite and compact. The skeleton is reinforced and sturdy. I think they even went overboard ensuring the balance and protection.

The compactness is in each direction. The bag is not very deep like the sting Ray. You can lay gear on the bottom which is how I prefer my gear to sit.

The side Zipper opening is one of the best features of the bag.

I can open the whole side or the smaller pocket. It is very compact and it does not add to the size of the bag.

The way the bag opens like a blooming flower is wonderful. Easy access to all sides of your gear. The bottom opening is good but IMHO NOT needed. It would be however useful for 788T cf card access.

The new wireless pouches are great bit put in the wrong spot.They lock and unlock by moving 90 degrees. The place ORCA put them is very awkward. The pouches are on the side of the front pocket of the bag. It is a little hard to put them on and off. Also the pouch mount location does not allow the front pocket zipper to open wider.

Removable handles are perfect. I am personally not a fan of handles and was a little pissed off when I first saw they are sewed on the bag, but then I found out the ingenious way of attaching and removing them.

It is a great option for handle lovers and handle haters like myself.

The top harness attachment ears are in the wrong spot. When the harness is attached it prevents you from laying your hands freely on the knobs. This kind of obstruction is very uncomfortable and I sure am moving the ears next to my belly.

The rear pocket is useless IMHO and I always remove it on all my bags. A lot of people do like it so not a bad decision to leave it there.

The ORCA OR30 is the best sound bag I have ever seen.

I have always been a fan of Petrol bags and this orca is a great continuation of Petrol`s great design and innovation.

If you have a maxx or 633 you will be very happy.

If you have a Nomad, dig my petrol bag mods and are willing to do a little surgery, the OR30 can be and will be the best , most compact, lite Nomad sound bag ever made....

Is there a dual battery system out there so you can have two batteries plugged in, but only having power drawn from one, and then when one dies it kicks over to the other one? Kinda like what the Cantar has built in? The goal being switching out batteries without shutting down your gear. 

i use a dual NP cup that's wired in parallel, so I can use 1 or 2 batteries and hot swap if need be.

Anxiously awaiting... The harness looks awesome!

R

I have the harness as well and while I have not used it on an actually shoot as of yet I have tried it on at home and I have to say that it is pretty comfortable.

My only issue with the harness is i don't like the carabiners that they use that attach to the top - I think they are undersized. The ones for the bottom are fine. I emailed Orca and they said they looking into it.

But given that replacement carabiners are fairly inexpensive, and easy to come by.   

HI jack 

can you access all the knobs on the nomad with the harness/ waistband attached?Have  you usually used a harness historically?...I have been using a weighltlifters belt with my pegz2 for many years and find having the weight on your waist alleviates most back problems