Nomad file creation date problem

OneLouder

The creation date on the files recorded to my Nomad are Wednesday, December 31, 1969 6:00 PM. The DIT I am working with had a problem with the transfer.
Any idea why this is? I updated to the latest firmware 6.22. formatted the cards. factory reset. tried different cards. still the same.
​any help would be great.  

1louder: " Any idea why this is? "

the clock battery is a pretty basic troubleshooting idea, ...

" do you think that has something to do with it? "

maybe...

recheck your work (RTFM)

if not that, there are probably other things to check, and maybe a visit to TREW audio will be a good idea..?

I would ask Zaxcom for the factory reset procedure, then reset all your settings from where they were, including the timecode, time of day, date, year, and so on, then see what that does. I would bet something has gotten a tiny bit corrupted and so the date/time of day information is not getting written into the file.

I have the same problem and I remember others bringing it up in the past. Once dumped into a computer (Mac) the file creation date and time listed in Finder is as you report.

My Nomad's time and date are all set fine and hold over long periods of no power, so it's not that. I never had anyone from post or DIT tell me this created an issue so I never really looked into further, but it would be nice to get it sorted out.

Here's a brief explanation as to why December 31, 1969 is picked as the "Epoch Date" for Unix and many other operating systems:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26316/why-does-my-gadget-say-its-december-31-1969

That's it!

So Zaxcom's forums are on unix servers because I noticed when their forums went down (I noticed it 2 times), all the posts are dated from December 31, 1969, the day before Unix’s creation !

I have heard someone complain about that recently. It may be that the post software is looking at a different date field than they used to. (like DATE created vs DATE MODIFIED). 

The Nomad anad MAXX do indeed not fill the Date Created field (and never have). I will fix that in the new versions. (Nomad 6.40 and maxx 2.07)

-howy

1louder: " Any idea why this is? "

the clock battery is a pretty basic troubleshooting idea, ...

" do you think that has something to do with it? "

maybe...

recheck your work (RTFM)

if not that, there are probably other things to check, and maybe a visit to TREW audio will be a good idea..?

RTFM don't always work. Check here: http://9gag.com/gag/aeNnKxW