Bon Voyage RPS

studiomprd

Wow - I'm honored to have a goodbye thread.  Thank you Mike.

My family and I arrived in Cambridge not long ago, with cat in tow.  We had a nice dinner with my step mom.  Sadly, my father just had a laryngectomy to prevent recurring tumors, so he is in the hospital.  It's something I just found out about on Friday, so we're all a bit in shock.  I'll see him tomorrow.

In about a week we'll be off to stay with my brother in Wales, near Cardiff, while we look for a house near Bristol.

It's all very exciting!

That is so crazy, Robert. I just saw you here three days ago...and now you live there. I guess it's real now. It's been thirty years since I was in Cambridge, but it made quite an impression on me.

The adventure has begun. And hopefully the gear has an equally safe and sound arrival. Enjoy!

PG

Wow, Marc!  It's Robert, NOT Richard, that's embarking on a "new adventure."  Sherlock Holmes' address is 221B Baker Street, NOT 222, that was a "Room" on a television series in the 1980's.

Fact checking.....

Room 222  aired from 1969 to 1974...

Robert,

THis is confusing....where is the post that initiates the move? I'm jealous that you're going to my country of origin, (US is now home) but are you going for a specific job(s) or just for the move of it. Either way good luck!!

Mick

Welcome to the UK and to the city of my birth. (38 Queen's Road, Ashley Down, if you want to go and gawk at my humble beginnings.) Feel free to ask about anything Bristol-related and I'll get the skinny from my brother, who still lives there.

All the best,

John

Sent from a darkened auditorium about 12 miles from you during a matinee of Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf. (In between sound cues and all on my own in the upper circle.)