New ERX cases

We are adding a case for the Zaxcom ERX's to our line up. We are expecting to be shipping these in the beginning of August and we expect the retail price to be less than $15 US. We are also looking for feed back on the design of the case since we are still making minor changes to it. Here are photos of the prototype.

post-10387-0-05186200-1402887390_thumb.j

post-10387-0-82848700-1402887409_thumb.j

When I shop for a case, I look for one that will take the impact for the vulnerable surfaces of the unit it is protecting. this appears to leave the switch and knob vulnerable. Thick flap over top?

Also, I mount my erx's on camera. Flat surface for Velcro or double sided tape is handy.

While I think protecting the knob/switch on top, the bigger issue for me would be wanting to be able to mount the ERX with velcro while still in the case.  Your prototype above seems more like a purpose-built version of the Body Glove case, but I'd probably prefer a more rigid case with more mounting points, rather then the leather-style.  Still, glad to see some new solutions coming down the pipe.

e.

Note to Orca: this is a really tough room.

Hardly, he is getting exactly what he asked for in his post, valuable user based feedback on a prototype design. 

"We are also looking for feed back on the design of the case since we are still making minor changes to it. Here are photos of the prototype."

In addition to agreeing with the comments above- I personally prefer a more durable synthetic type material for these cases. Unless the leather is of a nice solid quality, which I'm guessing is hard to get at this price point, maybe using similar material to what is used on the bags would work better. 

Also, somewhat related to the above comments: Since these units are often mounted on camera, being able to incorporate a shoe mount would be a great feature. Could maybe go on the back of the clip, or I've seen some cases where the clip is removable. It would be even better if you could exchange a shoe mount, or flat surface for the clip when needed. Easier said than done I'm sure but since you asked:)

I also prefer the type of clip that Jim posted, in my experience they work much better, and are easier to put on.

For camera, I keep separate cases with velcro.  I don't mind switching cases, it also reminds me that if it's in the camera case, it's programed with TC output, so I don't accidentally hand it to someone and blast TC into their ear.

Looks great!

As long as you're filling in for accessories Zaxcom should have made in the first place, the TRXLA transmitters have a very poor clip and many folks would love a decent clip or case for these transmitters. Plus, the Senator especially loves unsolicited requests to manufacturers for products that don't exist, so I am mostly asking on his behalf. 

Cool. You got the market cornered WE. Have you thought of putting up a web one-pager?

I have a web page, and the clips will be featured on there soon. At the moment I am working on a couple changes to the design, and have hit some production delays. That coupled with having a busy summer mixing (thankfully), things are taking me a bit of time.