Schoeps ccm41

Prahlad Strickland

The inline LC 60 works fine with the CCM41, which is the the equivalent of position 1 on the Cut 1. The CCM41's somewhat difficult to mount on a pole but works fine if you're willing to spend the time with it. Otherwise a fine mic.

Best regards,

Jim

PS Be careful of mocking Senator for your own sake. Read, self-edit and enjoy. He's in the E-V 644 camp, BTW.

The inline LC 60 works fine with the CCM41, which is the the equivalent of position 1 on the Cut 1. The CCM41's somewhat difficult to mount on a pole but works fine if you're willing to spend the time with it. Otherwise a fine mic.

Best regards,

Jim

PS Be careful of mocking Senator for your own sake. Read, self-edit and enjoy. He's in the E-V 644 camp, BTW.

hehe,  no mocking,  my respect for you all and the senator is very high.  I'm australian,  I must flex my sarcasm to preserve my nationality.

Jim...  forgive my ignorance, but is the ccm41 the same as the collete with MK41 head? 

I may be better going the colette system and collecting heads.   

Does the colette have a head with shotgun pickup similar to a sennheiser 416,  just curious how wide a variety is on offer with schoeps colette system.

I've used the ccm41 a lot on a pole in reality projects. It's not easy to swing, it's really sensitive to all kinds of noise up there. The best luck I've had with it was indoors loosely hung with one lyre holding the mic. There are probably better mounts, like the cinela minix.

The sound is great! For the size, it's s unbelievable. If doesn't "pull" sound out if noise like a CMIT of other shotguns can, but it can put up a fight in that department too.

This had become my go to mic on reality projects for the size. The sound is absolutely comparable to an mkh50, only less punch, which could be a good thing. I don't see why not to have it.

Great mic when the conditions are right to use it. It needs a good mount on the boom. I use a mimix. I have also fitted the board from the Rycote Tac!t that is an active "third-order" (18dB/octave) filter with a "knee" at approximately 60Hz. Recommended.

Tim

post-631-0-89966800-1404208524_thumb.jpg

post-631-0-01122300-1404208540_thumb.jpg

" Anyone use the ccm41? "

yes, actually...

it is another alternative, another tool in the kit.

take a waltz through the Schoeps catalog...

good to know,   thanks.

I noticed in an old thread I was reading,  you said the km185 uses the same capsule and electronics as the KM150,   and that the handling noise is very effectively implemented.

You still like the KM150?

I believe it's the invision 0. Works great on my ccm4. Small size is cool but hard to take full advantage of with cable attached since it comes out the back. The cmc6 with the swivel actually will give you more headroom in a tight space and the ability to add cut or low pass filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk